Your thought on Pet Shops selling reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HATE buying anything from my local pet shops (3 of them.) In my oh so important opinion, the animals in all of them are kept in appalling conditions. Yet they have been checked out by NPWS or whoever it is that inspects pet shops several times over the last few years. I detest supporting these businesses but when I need something I don't often have a lot of choice. Fortunately, one of my mates sells most reptile products now so I can get most stuff off him (cheaper too) I am absolutely oppesed to pet shops selling any animals (even fish) but ESPECIALLY reptiles as they are such a low volume market.

what an interesting topic
just a thoughty
i am apposed to pet shops having reptiles
the reason being if the snakes did get a disease of some sort it
COULD and im not saying would
lead too alot of animals dying or getting real sick
these sick snakes could be sold of cheap to unsuspecting newbies
and unfortunatly i do believe it would happen and the only person too benifit from all this is the pet shop owners
i believe it should be left too the breeders and if the government wants too do somthing they could run an awarness program or somthing like that
well thats my thoughty
sc

where i live in vic theres only a coupla pet shops selling reptiles and one is just up the street from where i live and i went there and they had 2 diamonds in an ok sized enclosure but with no lock or anythin on the door and anybody could have stolen them cos to prove my point i got one out and handled it for a few min and nobody even noticed

so i put it back in and went and told them that there was no lock or anythin and they took notice straight away and now theres locks on evrythin so i guess i did sum good.

but they r very very stupid people not to have the locks on in the first place cos it was a young pair in there that they said werent for sale cos they were gunna breed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back