Your thoughts on canned insects?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely no problem feeding my guys them. I just offer it to the beardies one at a time and they take it. Sometimes I just put it in a bowl and they go to it, so they recognise it as food and eat. They don't have to have it moving. My stumpies are awesome with them too, I just put it all in a bowl and they smell it and off they go. Absolutely no problems with them, and they don't keep me up chirping all night :)

He's not advertising the product with motives to get it selling, just asking for information. Big difference.

Its like eating tinned vegies, I like them fresh not processed (not saying tinned reptile food is processed)

Nothing like a big guttloaded fat cricket, dusted with fine cal served jumping :)

If the lizzies were nocturnal it would be easier by adding a night light which would attract the insects to create a smorgasbord for them.

I wonder if you could create some sort of food trap where the lizzies could go in and out of a tub of grubs, but the grubs can't get out. I use fluon around the sides of tubs for keeping colonies of cockroaches - the cockies won't walk on the fluon. Give lizzy a ladder to climb in and out of a tub that keeps the bugs in.

gutloaded live crickets and woodies for my dragons.

If your worried about feeding them in the pit for escapees, could you feed them in a tank or indoors enclosure? It will help them get more use to more handling too I'd say , if not save you money, or just buy a few boxes of crix and breed some

The lizards I'm talking about are Cunninghams, maybe I should have added that. I'll have a look into breeding

If the lizzies were nocturnal it would be easier by adding a night light which would attract the insects to create a smorgasbord for them.

I wonder if you could create some sort of food trap where the lizzies could go in and out of a tub of grubs, but the grubs can't get out. I use fluon around the sides of tubs for keeping colonies of cockroaches - the cockies won't walk on the fluon. Give lizzy a ladder to climb in and out of a tub that keeps the bugs in.

A interesting idea for sure

Are we not allowed to mention brands or products? Or just advertise/selling?

My beardies never liked canned bugs. The smell was also enough for me to think twice about it lol :)

Christ I nearly vomited at the smell & sight of the canned crickets...yuck!

I would like some clarification on this also treeofgreen as my infraction was because I asked if a specific overseas magazine was any good, which to me is the same as asking about a specific brand name like what was mentioned in the ops first post. But the difference to me is I got dobbed in. I am thinking if it's the case like mine then Mods have to act on it. I can understand the thing about advertising, but to not be able to ask about a product with like minded reptile people makes it hard to know if a product is any good or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back