your tube

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cans

Reaction score
dont think this guy read the thread about freezzing or co2;)
[video=youtube;noQkkXC_HQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noQkkXC_HQw&mode=related&search[/video]=

no obviously they did not read the thread, clearly very disturbed... it is 1 thing to feed live, but to record that was not nice.:(

i clicked the link on moosenoose's sig for [video=youtube;tJ2mXUV1420]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2mXUV1420&mode=related&search[/video]= then i found heaps of it on there some ppl ay

I've got no real problems with live feeding, providing A) Your snake won't take it any other way, B) The prey provides no threat whatsoever to your snake, C) The prey suffers minimally.

Basically i don't see the real advantage to live feeding, except excitement for the keeper - which is really pretty selfish.

To make matters worse, the poor snake couldn't even eat in peace without being prodded and moved every few seconds just for the camera. Just out of curiosity what type of snake is that.

Yea live feeding isnt the best of ideas i mean shore you need to do it every now and again if a snake wont feed or whatever but it shouldnt be a regular thing for people i mean even though its just a rat or a mouse im pritty shore if you where fed live to an animal you would your self and i dont see it being any different for rodents

Last edited by a moderator:
To make matters worse, the poor snake couldn't even eat in peace without being prodded and moved every few seconds just for the camera. Just out of curiosity what type of snake is that.
Corn snake. It's a really crappy hunter - lyk i sed in my comment on there.

The person may have had a legit reason to feed it a live pinky (maybe it wouldn't eat and he had tried everything else, and then again maybe he just liked the shot) but I certainly would not have let it eat it while it was still alive for the sake of both snake and rat.

I suppose there could have been a legit reason, but why record it? and why post it on youtube? my thoughts is that they found it amusing to watch and decided to share with others.
I don't mind live feeding occasionally, as the need arises (bad feeders) but I prefer rozen/thawed for several reasons, including being safer for the snake and less-cruel for the rodent.

I dont have a problem with people feeding their snakes live as long as the snake is killing it before had. The problem I have is these people clearly have these snakes for attention. People like those are giving the people that are doing it for the love of herps a bad reputation, IMO. Also if the corn eats an adult rat/mouse that way, it is going to be ugly! Not to mention the possiblity of injurying the inside of the snake if it is able to eat it while alive.

I have only had to feed live once. The woma was on live when I got it. The first rat pup it constricted and killed, the second one it ate it alive. I honestly was mortified! The next week, I feed F/T and he accepted them with out hesitation. I was so happy. But you dont see me filming and posting my animals eating. I am not that desperate for attention!

After looking at these links Youtube needs to be re-named to something]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big fan of seeing that at all. I have enough trouble feeding my bearded dragons live crickets.

Am I a bad person, because I found that kind of funny.... I think it was the music change

lmao I'm an evil mongrel and so are you for laughing! :D It was the music change....no......actually......it was the whole thing :lol: Sick, sad and funny all at the same time hehe

Can I just say for the record. I feed nothing live food out of the safety for my animals, and if I have it's been pinkies to help get troublesome ones feeding initially.

What a terrible hunter!! I found the whole thing pretty sick and cruel.

The thing is, that being a captive corn it has probably never had live pups before. I established this within the first 30 secs. I only watched the first 50 secs :rolleyes: There was no wrapping of the pup, just nose shoving. Quite sad really.

If he is going to record a live feed at least he could have used a better, more receptive subject. :lol:

That was really horrible!
I thought when a snake was fed live prey, they killed it first?
Do all snakes eat it while it's still alive (and trying to escape)?

cornsnakes dont have venom and they dont, generally constrict,
i think this is normal feeding behaviour for one of these snakes.Its certainly a horrible vid to watch but i think the rat was dead quicker and less painlessly than if it ad been fed ratsack.

I watched the first 30 seconds - that was enough for me. What some ppl get off on never ceases to amaze me. Did he/she have surgical gloves on? If so I wonder why he/she was using them for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back