your tube

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would you all be reacting different if it was footage of a snake in the wild eating its prey???

I don't think a snake in the wild would be eating it's prey like that - not in Aust anyway. And I don't some sicko would be filming it.

I don't think a snake in the wild would be eating it's prey like that - not in Aust anyway. And I don't some sicko would be filming it.

what about documentaries on snakes... are the people who made them sicko's for filming the snakes feeding???

would you all be reacting different if it was footage of a snake in the wild eating its prey???

Yes I definatly would. Most ofen in the wild by the time a snake begins actrally consuming prey the animal has died from asphyxiation. Also in the wild a snake has no other options and there is almost a 'fair contest' between predator and prey, yet in an environment suh as the one in the video, the animal was there through no fault of is own and had no chance of getting away.

Secondly to film it is just sick. This is cruelty to animals even if it is 'just a pinky'. This kind of behaviour is preliminary to acts such as deliberate harming of cats and dogs which it has been shown can elevate to violent behaviour to other humans and even rape and homocide.

I would like to point out I have total respect for those who feed fresh kills and who kill humanly. Although I could never do it, I respect those who choose to.

what about documentaries on snakes... are the people who made them sicko's for filming the snakes feeding???

I watch a lot of documentaries and have NEVER seen anything as sick as that. Don't forget that is human intervention. I think Serpent Lady has responded well with her reply.

Its not the fact that a snake is getting a feed, its the human with the problem. Iknow guys that talk tough and own big cars with big motors and keep dogs like pit bulls, and go shooting etc, they would reckon that video was unreal. But the truth is when these durry smokin inbreds get in real trouble themselves they first get angry and violent and if that doesn't work they fall apart.
I must say the blue gloves were a real treat.

But the truth is when these durry smokin inbreds get in real trouble themselves they first get angry and violent and if that doesn't work they fall apart.
I must say the blue gloves were a real treat.

How true!! Or it is always somebody elses fault.

fair enough... that all makes sense. i personally dont have a problem with feeding live prey to snakes although i do not do it myself. i just wanted to see why people were so against it...

lol i love the part at 1:09 into it, the snake looks at the camera and flicks out its toungue as if to say one of the following

- are you gonna help me or just stare and laugh?

- ugh, it tastes terrible

- thanks for the help mate

- what?!?

- this rat tastes weird...

- stop filming! this is like, not my best side!

- please leave me alone

- geez, cant a guy eat a rat in peace?

OMG im so tired of ppl saying this. Open ur eyes, a viv is NOT a natural simulation of wild behaviour!!! U cannot compare a captive bred snake within a tank attacking food just chucked in front of it, with a snake in the wild. That's just narrow-minded.

narrow minded is the people who have a problem with what snakes do naturally, in the wild or in captivity...

Just think in the wild the pinky would have a chance to run away, run pinky run. Very often in the wild a prey item will find itself in a position where it has no chance of escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssssnakeman
whats bruce lee drink?
[video=youtube;STHRL1wjq4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHRL1wjq4c[/video]

"everything smells like smoke" :lol: i wonder why :lol:
yeh, i think they may have indulged in a herb or two,lol

Just think in the wild the pinky would have a chance to run away, run pinky run. Very often in the wild a prey item will find itself in a position where it has no chance of escape.

A pinky poses no danger to the snake, except that this corn snake seems he may not know how to swallow and may choke. And when prey is cornered in the wild it reacts in the same way it does wen placed into a vivarium - violent, desperate panic. You would too.

i just have to wonder what we would do if trapped in a room with a 20-26ft man eating snake... that clip wouldn't seem so amusing then would it...

LOL some people seriously have WAY TOO much time on their hands. Very well done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back