Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptililian

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
With all the talk lately about how boring gtps are, I was wondering if people could have any NATIVE reptile they wanted, how many of us would actually get a gtp? And IF you could have any EXOTIC, what would it be?

I'll kick-start it...

Native - a shingleback. The first (and only :( ) time I held one of these I knew I was lost. Such a sweet, sleepy, lovely beastie.

Exotic - the Welsh Green dragon out of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". (I didn't say it had to be real... you can say you'd get a dinosaurus if you want!)

Your turn... :D

Native.....albino olive or file snake, maybe a pignose turt too :D

Exotic......green iggy, tortoise

soooooo many,
native- lacie, death adder, WA stumpies
exotic- anything- iguana, indonesian bluetongue, chameleon gecko (I think thats what it is).
marine iguana would be sweet except vertially impossible to keep.
Good idea reptililian this thread will should do well :D

Actually the dinosaur option sounds good :shock: we've all seen jurassic park :lol:
I like file snakes also, and a big fat iggy wouldn't go astray (if my T-rex didn't eat it :wink: )

I actually had you in mind when I began it, Jordo, seeing as you're so bored you've resorted to housework!! ;-) Can't wait to see what sort of stuff people would like. By the way, what is a marine iguana?? Sounds cool! Is it like some sort of swimming lizard-fish?

PS, when you start uni be prepared for sudden and irresistable desire to do housework whenever you are avoiding a particularly nasty assignment. For some reason, I could never study effectively unless the cutlery drawer was spotless!!!

Native: page 45 Reptiles Aust. Vol 2 Issue 3

Exotic: Reptilmania 28:08--33:37

Gotta keep it between us freaks!!

Reptililian, thanks for thinking of me :lol:
Marine iguana is an iguana native to the Galapogas Islands that lives on sea grass or seaweed 8)

ANYTHING from the Galapogas is uber-cool!

Kingii, bit of help? I'm a freak too! ;-)

kingii, what about the golden tiger in that Reptiles Aust. thats another fav. of mine, or a rough scaled python 8)

Native: Rainbow/Water Python :)

Fuscusheadreddish25-9-05Ant.jpg

Any? Probably the same :)

17flowerhead.jpg

Anything other than Rainbow Python? Um...

um...

Perhaps a Gaboon Viper or Canebrake Rattlesnake.

nice pics Sdaji, how did they get there name again? :lol:

Any chance to post a pic of your water pythons, hey Sdaji? Don't worry, I'll take any chance I can get to look at them! They are beautiful!

jordo said:
nice pics Sdaji, how did they get there name again? :lol:

I think it was something to do with a pigeon and a mule.

Native- Woma or GTP
Exotic- Green Iguana or piebald royal python or a tiger retic

jordo said:
marine iguana would be sweet except vertially impossible to keep.

If Lily can have a Welsh Green Dragon and Jordo can have a dinosaur surely having the Galapogas Islands in my back yard for my Marine iguana is not to big an ask :lol:

Interesting Marine Iggy Fact (for anyone interested):

When food is unavailable to the Marine Iguana instead of becoming thinner they become shorter and will grow longer again when food becomes plentifull.

Hi Lily, I know I told you once that I can comprehend posts but I am a bit confused by this one. Did you mean that I could have any native herp but only 1 type. If so that would be Frilled Neck Lizards. I only asked this because you are pining for a shingleback & I am just guessing that you could probably manage that already.

However, if I could have any native herp to add to my existing collection it would be one of those recently discovered 1 metre long crocodiles.

And as for exotics. Fijian Green Iguana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back