your veiws on pairs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aspidites are quite easily sexed, especially at 12mths of age. I'd say the breeder may have not re-probed your 'pair' as they matured. Either way, it's of no relevance, if you were guaranteed a pair then that's what you should have. Maybe remind the breeder of the current market value. When you purchaced your assumed female the market price was around $2k, these day's a female would pull maybe $800. Essentually you are owed a female of a $2k value, hence the reason a straight swap would not be fair. If explained nicely he may see your point of view....

I think in all fairness the seller should offer a hatchie but keep in mind that probing is not always a 100% guarantee of the sex & it's highly possible that the seller genuinely thought he/she was selling you a pair.

At the end of the day it's live and learn. Always probe your new snake the second it comes out of the bag regardless of the breeder. By the sounds of it though the breeder is trying to make amends, alot of people wouldn't be so honest or willing to set things right....

Aspidites are quite easily sexed, especially at 12mths of age. I'd say the breeder may have not re-probed your 'pair' as they matured. Either way, it's of no relevance, if you were guaranteed a pair then that's what you should have. Maybe remind the breeder of the current market value. When you purchaced your assumed female the market price was around $2k, these day's a female would pull maybe $800. Essentually you are owed a female of a $2k value, hence the reason a straight swap would not be fair. If explained nicely he may see your point of view....
Yes Den you have hit the nail on the head but the said person is only after a dollar value and is in nsw so the price he thinks will rise next year i have been really nice about it all and will see what happens when the hatchies are out there next season it is just a bummer that i miss out on 2 to 3 seasons of breeding

it is just a bummer that i miss out on 2 to 3 seasons of breeding
Exactly the reason you should be given a hatchy female. Den makes some very good points regarding decreased market value since they were purchased. Either way, your at a lose (have to start from scratch to breed)

It's something I would discuss with the breeder prior to purchase. I know that doesn't help you in your situation though.

hmm, this is a tough one.

If you had checked the sex of the snakes soon after purchasing them then the breeder may have beenin a position to offer you a female. But since you waited so long, I dont think the breeder has any further obligation. I know that sounds harsh, but really how long is too long. At least the breeder is trying to help you out.

hmm, this is a tough one.

If you had checked the sex of the snakes soon after purchasing them then the breeder may have beenin a position to offer you a female. But since you waited so long, I dont think the breeder has any further obligation. I know that sounds harsh, but really how long is too long. At least the breeder is trying to help you out.
yes Codered i understand your point i just thought (,being green in the hobby )that every thing was cosure in the sex of the snakes as they were yearlings not hatchies. I myself will give anyone a refund if i sell any jungle yearling the wrong sex thats my own policy and will honour it for life. As i know if people pay good money for something and dont get what they pay for i dont want to do this to anyone else , if anything i have learned a valuable lesson and will prob when i buy cheers

Wrong sex

Hi there.forget about GOZZ for the moment as l think there are a couple of points worth raising [l do know GOZZ by the way] firstly sexing IS NOT a perfect science and some genuine mistakes can be made, l offer the other person to check the sex or bring a friend who can because in a years time [where's that snake been or whats it been [possibly] in contact with] and what about a reverse swindle [where the buyer is after a 2nd female .....l personally feel boundaries have to be agreed on, on the purchase day.....westernrocky

I think that if this pair was advertised as a breeding pair or male female,IN PRINT.You have not been sold for which you paid for. I myself cannot sex a snake myself due to an arthritic ailment in the hands and would have to take the sellers word for it. I understand that mistakes are made but its like buying a commodore and being delivered a astra. Its not what you paid for..... I hope the seller helps you out Gozz unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about lost breeding time etc, i suppose the best outcome is that you are supplied a new female next season, perhaps the seller has some holdbacks perhaps?

Hi there.forget about GOZZ for the moment as l think there are a couple of points worth raising [l do know GOZZ by the way] firstly sexing IS NOT a perfect science and some genuine mistakes can be made, l offer the other person to check the sex or bring a friend who can because in a years time [where's that snake been or whats it been [possibly] in contact with] and what about a reverse swindle [where the buyer is after a 2nd female .....l personally feel boundaries have to be agreed on, on the purchase day.....westernrocky
Yes when i picked up the bhps you did state that you could not give 100% that the sexes would be right and i helped you prob them ,and we came to an arrangment. Which i know that if they turn out same sex thats my prob and iam cool with that as i know that we could of got it wrong. And it was an understanding between us. The hatchies i bought of you were advertise as not being sexed in the add. The yearlings i bought were advertised as a pair cheers

hey Gozz, I may have come off a bit harsh but I understand what you are going though and completely sympathise since it has happened to me too. Now I check all animals that I buy as even the most genuine breeders can make mistakes in sexing.

hey Gozz, I may have come off a bit harsh but I understand what you are going though and completely sympathise since it has happened to me too. Now I check all animals that I buy as even the most genuine breeders can make mistakes in sexing.
No it is alright really over it all now i just thought that i would ask peoples opinions on the subject. I have now checked some more of my yearlings and have found males that should of been female so i have come to the conclusion that experianced breeders do make mistakes and some males will hold out the prob, the ones i checked were sexed young as hatchies not as yearlings which if probed properly i have always goten 100 percent .hatchies are alot harder to prob. Iam becoming a pro at probing can do it with one hand lol

Hey Gozz,

I think the best thing you could do is focus on whats ahead (ie your breeding plans). The quickest way to achieve that is to try and swap the male for a female.

I understand you'll lose a little $$ however if you'll be breeding clutches in no time, and you'll soon make up the lost money.

regards,
Lockie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back