Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don`t no why it dose that because when i watch it on my phone it looks heaps good but the second i put it on youtube it studders

One of those videos was of live feeding a mouse to a childrens python.... ARE YOU CRAZY?????!!!!!!

Oh god i wish you were joking, first of all its very very dangerous for the snake, the chance of the mouse causing damage (scratching, biting etc) is far too great, second of all it is ilegel! And finally it is just plain and simple cruelty to animals.

You seem to have the same setup for all your snakes. Plus im guessing as far as heating goes its just two normal bulbs ?. I just think the setups look a bit iffy, or is that just me ?.

Oh god i wish you were joking, first of all its very very dangerous for the snake, the chance of the mouse causing damage (scratching, biting etc) is far too great, second of all it is ilegel! And finally it is just plain and simple cruelty to animals.
well what do they eat in the wild are you going to make it ilegel for wild snakes to eat live

You seem to have the same setup for all your snakes. Plus im guessing as far as heating goes its just two normal bulbs ?. I just think the setups look a bit iffy, or is that just me ?.

i am getting some light cages soon thats why there are normal globes in it i don`t wont them to get burnt

Keeping reptiles is a hobby, with any hobby you should have respect, if you have a motorbike hobby, would you ride it through salt water? Would you fill a 2 stroke engine with straight unleaded fuel? Why would you feed a captive snake a live animal when you have the option of frozen? The only reasons i can think of is either the snake refuses to eat live or its for your own sick minded entertainment.

How about you sod off and stop flooding the forums...

Agreed

i don`t no why it dose that because when i watch it on my phone it looks heaps good but the second i put it on youtube it studders

Er.. Maybe because mobile phone filming are built for a small screen, and the computer screen in 10 times bigger? Try using a video camera.

I agree, how could it be illegal, they do it in the wild and wild snakes live just as long as ones kept in enclosures. Besides, I feed my diamond python live mice, it won't eat dead mice. There nothing wrong with it.

its got nothing to do with the fact that the mouse goes through pain (and in the wild a hatchling or yearling wouldnt eat a mouse it would eat frogs and small lizards.) its the fact that the mouse is in a totally helpless situation. you cant compare u putting a mouse in an enclosure with no chance of escape to the wild. in the wild the snake could miss and then the mouse bolts and lives. in the enclosure if the snake misses the mouse now knows its in mortal danger and will freak meaning it will take a **** load longer to kill due to the adrenalin or if you misjudge the size of the mouse it could quite easily damage your snakes eye or jaw.

never mind the fact it is your responsibility to ensure that snakes well being which means not putting it in situation with unesasary risks. personaly i couldnt give 2 poos about the mouse, its fodder for my snake but i love my snakes too much to risk it making a mistake and having the mouse (or adult rat in my case) damage or even kill my snake.

DONT FEED LIVE. the law is there to protect your snake not the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back