Zebra Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I just got this guy. I am more of a Woma/BHP kind of gal, but I saw this guy and liked his pattern so I picked him up. I was told he was a "Zebra Carpet Python". I pretty much know nothing about Morelia, but he looks a lot like a Jungle to me? I have been googling Zebras and he seems to be lacking pattern to be one, but he looks a little more busy than the typical jungle so eh what is he?

Also after picking him up I see these Zebras going for $800 and I got him for $80. So I am doubting he is a zebra... but I wanted to get some opinions here.
zebra1.jpgzebra2.jpgzebra3.jpgzebra4.jpg

It doesn't look like a zebra to me. A zebra is a pattern morph of a jungle. Either way it is a very nice snake and I would be happy with your purchase.

Maybe it has been line bred to have a Zebra like appearance but it's not a Zebra as in the co-dominant morph.

He is not a zebra Morbid. Just a nice looking carpet. Here is a pic of a zebra. Not mine

ZXL09-8MJul09_3[1].jpg

I would think $800 would be cheap as well, I thought they were selling for $5000

$800 is way to cheap for a zebra lol, maybe in a few more years but not anytime to soon.

Kaity is here in the US. And, in actuality...Zebra's can be purchased for under 500 here now.

Kaity, It's not a zebra. I sent ya a couple e mails about your male BHP...never heard back from ya....give me a shout.

D

Kaity is here in the US. And, in actuality...Zebra's can be purchased for under 500 here now.

Kaity, It's not a zebra. I sent ya a couple e mails about your male BHP...never heard back from ya....give me a shout.

D
Thats interesting , how long have they been on the scene in the US?

$800 is way to cheap for a zebra lol, maybe in a few more years but not anytime to soon.

I wouldn't be so sure, co-dom mutations can be quickly produced and tend to fall in price quickly. Jags went from $5000 to $800 in the blink of an eye.

Thats interesting , how long have they been on the scene in the US?
im lost in this thread ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure that pic of the Zebra shows a kink in its tail?? trait of the supers???

Nice looking jungle. And at $80 you would be laughing down under

im lost in this thread ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure that pic of the Zebra shows a kink in its tail?? trait of the supers???

Definately seems to have a kink in its tail. A trait that both supers and normals sometimes share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back