Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendont

Reaction score
After seeing the zebra super form in S&T a while back I have developed a fascination with Zebras; but there doesn't seem to be much information available on them in Australia? I have seen a reference to a 15K price tag for a zebra jag but where is the info on just normal zebras? What subspecies are they exactly? Coastals, Jungles or a bit of a mix? Are they really even here yet? Or are they being kept on the downlow at the moment because they were smuggled here like the jags?
Just curious is all....

They come from pure Jungles but like Jags, they will probably be crossed with everything Morelia eventually. It's an incomplete/co-dominant morph with the Super form being completely patternless (completely yellow in the case of a pure Jungle). They are definitely here already but that price tag you saw is more than what I've seen/heard.

A fair few people have them now give it 3 years and the standard pure form will be selling for under $1000 just like the jags. The current price is 6k and they go up from there depending on age and what other morphs are in them caramel, albino, granite, jag ect. I can't wait to see a super with more coastal in it, currently the only ones I've seen are pretty muddie. I think the super Sunglow super zebra will be crazy.... A solid fluro orange snake.

A fair few people have them now give it 3 years and the standard pure form will be selling for under $1000 just like the jags. The current price is 6k and they go up from there depending on age and what other morphs are in them caramel, albino, granite, jag ect. I can't wait to see a super with more coastal in it, currently the only ones I've seen are pretty muddie. I think the super Sunglow super zebra will be crazy.... A solid fluro orange snake.
i saw one for sale earlier on in the year for 5k and another one is for sale right now for 5k on another website.
Cheers Liam

The only prices I have heard of from breeders are 4-4.5K nothing as high as what people have mentioned in this thread so far. I'm still saving up for one.

I have also seen the add that had the animal for $15k. Absolutely ridiculous price tag if you ask me. Just like any co dom animal the prices drop and drop.

I love it when these price debates come up... Put yourselves in their shoes. If you had something that was new to the scene and sought after (by some..), would you not put a price tag to match? I know I would.

Everyone expects low prices, until they are looking for the next big thing to sell at a so-called outrageous price themselves.

I certainly wouldn't expect low prices, sure people have a right to charge coz they may live on their prifits or are running the business that way but at what cost?

I am not a big fan of the zebra but have not seen a picture of a super zebra. I personally would pay more money for a paradox than a zebra, they are really nice.

You should google it. It's pretty impressive

I just googled it and there are so many different images that look nothing alike. Some are nice and some don't appeal to me but I still prefer the paradox I think. Have you got any nice pictures that you could post?

They are an amazing morph to work with. So much potential with them. That price tag of that adult male is still way over priced. My zeb jag male was less than half that.

Zebras have already dropped in price since they hit the public market which was not that long ago. Prices range from $3k-$5k depending on who you get them from.

I have had this pure jungle male ZEB paired up with the JAG pictured and a couple of pure jungles aswell, couple of the females are currently swollen up with follicles so all going well I should have eggs hatching before christmas.

Attachments

• P2191048.jpg
    P2191048.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 461
  • P1110121 [].jpg
    P1110121 [].jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 367
I just googled it and there are so many different images that look nothing alike. Some are nice and some don't appeal to me but I still prefer the paradox I think. Have you got any nice pictures that you could post?

These obviously aren't mine but they're my favourite

Super+Zebra+Carpet+Python.jpg
szeb1.jpg

at least the zebra and super zebra are proven, the carpet paradox isnt

That doesn't really matter to me as if I bought one it would be as a pet and not a breeder. I can understand why others would see it like that ( wanting a return on the investment) but that isn't me.

Im only after a super because theyre cute and solid coloured, Ive been after a carpet like this since I got my first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back