Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what its worth, I know of none of the issues with the normal zebras some others are going on about, they seem sound.

Surfed the net and came up with few super zeb pics.
They look good to me..
But it is true some do get tail deformities.
If the owners of these images want them removed please contact me to do so..

Attachments

• 3%20super%20zebra%20A.jpg
    3%20super%20zebra%20A.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 301733_367263173320922_251059174941323_903995_402711213_n.jpg
    301733_367263173320922_251059174941323_903995_402711213_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 247795_437260789704088_1875819137_n.jpg
    247795_437260789704088_1875819137_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN8483.JPG
    DSCN8483.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 99
  • SuperZeb2rs_.jpg
    SuperZeb2rs_.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 92
  • SuperZebraApril20&.jpg
    SuperZebraApril20&.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 89
  • super%201_.JPG
    super%201_.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 946244_389100751201838_688396037_n.jpg
    946244_389100751201838_688396037_n.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Barramundi, lets not start this like the Jags. How about the truth from the get go. Without a doubt there is a kink in the Super zebra, they get born with pig tails corkscrewed from the cloaca down, all of them, it is just that some also have a body kink as well. Try find a pic of one showing its tail, they are all posed sitting on them. Secondly, if you think there is going to be a super to super clutch this year, and that the offspring will be pure jungles... well all I can say is that you are either being sold down the river in regards pretty much all your info on them, or you are once again trying to pull the old "jags dont wobble" like you did last time. Its the same bag headed crew that couldnt lie straight in bed, even with each other it seems.

Your right Enigma, there are kinks, or sometimes a knob tail in the superforms......I havnt bred any supers yet, so sadly I cant post pics or comment on "my" experience. However the breeder who has is on this forum from time to time and maybe that person will comment and post pics, maybe his last seasons supers did have kinks, but to my knowledge they didnt......

In regards to our info, whether you or others choose to believe us, there are pure jungle Zebs and yes there are also crosses for whatever reason......

How about we keep the posting civil and on topic and not go down the road of implying I am a lier. Your reference to "Jags dont wobble" is an example of what I was talking about in Trueblue's post. Please dont get on here and only tell the side of the story you want heard by taking info out of context.

Interesting first post Enigma, what was your old username????????

Last edited:
Examples of the deformed tails now..
Some are probably worse but at least these show examples of what is happening with some super Zebras.
Hope the original owners of these images overseas don't mind me sharing them. If so I shall remove them.
Cheers Roger.

Attachments

• 1005994_389187491193164_934063381_n.jpg
    1005994_389187491193164_934063381_n.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 247795_437260789704088_1875819137_n.jpg
    247795_437260789704088_1875819137_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 94
Surfed the net and came up with few super zeb pics.
They look good to me..
But it is true some do get tail deformities.

Great post Roger, fertile eggs from that SUPER ZEBRA look the goods.....so much for them ALL having fertility issues.........

Can see the tail knobs on a few too but not all of them have kinks or corkscrews from the cloaca down as some like to claim......backs and spines look good, so it looks like an interesting and promising future for this morph.

Last edited:
Some examples of pure Jungle carpet python Zebras from overseas breeders.
Once again if the owners of these images want them removed please let me know..

Attachments

• 5t6j.jpg
    5t6j.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 208zebra.JPG
    208zebra.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 86
  • ZXL09-8M_IceMay10.jpg
    ZXL09-8M_IceMay10.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 07zebfem_.jpg
    07zebfem_.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 97
  • ZXL09-BucketOzebrasMay10.jpg
    ZXL09-BucketOzebrasMay10.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 100
As you can see from the pics of the supers, you can either see the whole tail and notice they either have bump tails or pig tails, otherwise they are generally positioned or cropped not to show it. If you were to ask around, alot of the bump tails are due to clipping them, or letting a retained shed do it for you. Im not being all tin foil hat about it, but this page is 10 pages long now, with very little legitimate substance... Though Barra, "my" experience, being actual, you know physically in the presence of supers, they had pig tails. Im not saying Im some kind of authority on them, far from it, but at least Im speaking from some form of real tactile experience...

To say that zebras are infertile or have a low hatch rate is crap.I have breed zebras at 18 months both male and female and hatched the expected 50% of zebras in the clutches with no health issues at all

Enigma,
The person who took that pic of that Super has forgotten more about reptile reproduction than most of us will ever know.........

Are you saying that the pic of the SUPER ZEB is staged? Looks to me that the egg is basically still just inside the cloaca.
Are you saying people are cutting off tail tips? I would highly doubt that, seeing that the pics shown clearly highlight the knob tail ends.

c'mon mate......thats some pretty big claims with no evidence

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see from the pics of the supers, you can either see the whole tail and notice they either have bump tails or pig tails, otherwise they are generally positioned or cropped not to show it. If you were to ask around, alot of the bump tails are due to clipping them, or letting a retained shed do it for you. Im not being all tin foil hat about it, but this page is 10 pages long now, with very little legitimate substance... Though Barra, "my" experience, being actual, you know physically in the presence of supers, they had pig tails. Im not saying Im some kind of authority on them, far from it, but at least Im speaking from some form of real tactile experience...

Seeing that you feel so far there is no "legitimate substance" on this thread (I would think so far we have supported our claims as best we can) ......Can you elaborate on your experience being "actual".......

Last edited:
Ok lets do it this way...The zebras Chondros up there claimed to have "bred" were on consignment, most of which were taken back, and why I made the comment about staging a zebra on a clutch of eggs to help with advertising. I understand the confusion it caused, as I in no way meant to cast aspersions on Paul Harris, so I apologise.Tail tips yeah....

Ok lets do it this way...The zebras Chondros up there claimed to have "bred" were on consignment, most of which were taken back, and why I made the comment about staging a zebra on a clutch of eggs to help with advertising. I understand the confusion it caused, as I in no way meant to cast aspersions on Paul Harris, so I apologise.Tail tips yeah....

Sorry mate casting aspersions is exactly what you tried to do......I still dont see evidence of your claims of "actual experience" or as you put it "tactile experience".

Mate I am not having a dig at you, I am simply trying to put this on a level playing field.

We (morph breeders) get on here, post our pics and candidly offer our "actual" experiences. Only to be met with baseless and out of context claims usually from the same few......

We are called out to back up our claims and thats what we do. Its only fair that you and those few others do the same.....Like I said level playing field

Last edited:
Like I said, not having a dig at you, just trying to level the playing field.

Yeah quite good Serpentaria,

I will have a few clutches this season, check out post 138 and 140 for pics of parents. Still waiting on one more female that developed follicles but i did not see ovulation, at this stage I assume she is gravid as she is opaque.....

Well after some decent amount of research it seems just as i said, they lay clutches that look nice and fertile, but the hatch rate can be very low. Thats with animals that are fertile.
It seems that a good proportion of the animals that do hatch overseas never breed. So a definite infertility problem going on. Its a lucky dip when people by these animals wether they will breed or not. Bit like buying a lotto ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Must add, ive bred albino olives, albino x albino and albino x het and NEVER had a kink, eye problem, or lack of eyes at all.
Everyone of them has been large robust animals with 100% hatch rate and NO slugs. Not sure what your on about there barramundi.

Last edited:
Can you provide links to this info true blue? Would be interested to read it.

Yeah quite good Serpentaria,

I will have a few clutches this season, check out post 138 and 140 for pics of parents. Still waiting on one more female that developed follicles but i did not see ovulation, at this stage I assume she is gravid as she is opaque.....
Yeah I saw those, coz Im paying for two people atm I'm still raising funds to afford one!

I dont know how to do that stuff im hopeless with computers.
But have a look at a few uk, usa forums and its easy to find.

Last edited:
Well after some decent amount of research it seems just as i said, they lay clutches that look nice and fertile, but the hatch rate can be very low. Thats with animals that are fertile.
It seems that a good proportion of the animals that do hatch overseas never breed. So a definite infertility problem going on. Its a lucky dip when people by these animals wether they will breed or not. Bit like buying a lotto ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Must add, ive bred albino olives, albino x albino and albino x het and NEVER had a kink, eye problem, or lack of eyes at all.
Everyone of them has been large robust animals with 100% hatch rate and NO slugs. Not sure what your on about there barramundi.

Congrats Rob, awesome effort with the olives..........C'mon though, it is common knowledge that "SOME" (theres that word again) had/have the eye problems and "SOME" (again) had/have fertility issues. Line breeding and altered incubation has sorted most of it out..........Dr Gavin Bedford had it posted all over his Albino Olive website...........Surely your not omitting that info.

If sorting out those eye and fertility issues in alb olives can be done, and your post and your actual experience proves it can be done. Surely it can be done with the SUPER ZEBS.......

Last edited:
Using the search function I tried "zebra infertile" - no results. "zebra fertile" - no results. Searched "zebra" and the first thread that comes up discusses issues with granites more than it actually mentions zebras. Not much else on the first couple of pages.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back