Zebra Pleco 'hypancistrus zebra' Very rare catfish!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Amazon

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz
Reaction score
These are an amazing little catfish and rare in captivity in Australia. Currently they are under threat in the Rio Xingu from extinction! :|

What would you pay for an adult pair of these catfish?:shock:

(this is the photo of the male we have at the shop)

DSC01217.JPG

Any time I am wading through a river or dam or creek or something when hiking, I get bitten by a catfish.... I'm not joking, I've been bitten about half a dozen times, only to look down and see a flash of cheeky whiskers zipping off into the not-so-deep. One time I even came up bleeding just because he got such a good lip-grip on my ankle and sucked the blood out of me or something.

Catfish are not my friend. But, I've never been bitten by one quite that pretty ;)

How much do an adult pair go for?

seeing as the juvies are going for 2000k each atm I would say that an adult pair would fairly go for 8k but who knows fish pricing is too damn unpredictable

I have kept these guys before and you never see the damn things but a good investment if you know your stuff and are able to breed them

had some in my old shop i use to work at but so over fish. keeping to herps now much easier then fish breeding

There was a few going for $800 each when i was still keeping fish, prices jump around a hell of a lot depending on whos doing the smuggling. Nice little fish, pity they hide 90% of the time.

i've seen them online going for $700+ each

13 years ago I sold Zebras for $149 each in NZ..... The good old days!!

I am guessing Adult males would be worth half the price of females now... if you could even find an adult female for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back