Zombie Levis Hatched

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day all,

About 65 days ago one of my female levis died with two eggs in her belly. I decided to see how good the eggs were so I carefully took a razor blade and sliced the eggs out. I'd guess she'd been dead for a good 8hours or so, so i figured the eggs would be dead. ALthough i thought it was unlikely they'd hatch, i incubated them in the vermiculite mix (50:50 or so).

After a few days the eggs grew some fungus over them... I think this might have been because of some odd residue (possibly some oviduct tissue) on them. Anyway, i ignored it and left them and thought very little of them for the next week and a bit. They didn't go bad, so I left them there, hoping they'd hatch. They hatched last night, and on proper examination today, one came out normal healthy levis levis. They other turned out a freak. Chec the photos out.

DSCN8923.jpg

DSCN8928.jpg

DSCN8933.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do with it. It seems to be weaker than the other one.

-H

I wouldn't have thought to ceasarian the eggs, that would have been very delicate (and probably a little gross for me). But well done with the sucessful operation. Its very interesting that they hatched.

That pegleg is bizarre! I wouldnt really know what to do with it either. I guess if it was mine I'd keep a close eye on how it moves and if it learns to get around on three legs without too much hassle, and gets feeding ok, then it might just be a little fella with 'character' :)
If it couldn't hold the leg-stub off the ground enough to prevent belly skin damage it's not destined to be a keeper, and f course if it wont fed the decision is made for you.

re Zombie

It dont look too bad Nephurus it night survive,look at Heather Mills shes got one leg missing and it hasnt effected her personality :lol:
Mate ive seen me share of reptiles with two heads and one eye n stuff,hell !!! i live at MT Druitt ya get used to it with the humans :)

just put a patch over one of his eyes, and he'd make a great pirate :)

i wonder if pegleg recovers his strength and the leg is livable if he lost his tail would it then grow back as a normal regen tail would or would that tail grow back wonky as to

aww no dont be so harsh i think that it is adorable! just like the lady who posted last night with knobless levis haha hers had no tails!

not being harsh i was just interested to know that because it never fully developed before it was forced to start incubation (exactly why it has deformed legs and tail). that it would be interesting to know if it lost its origional tail that is deformed would it grow back a regulare regen tail or would the regen tail also be deformed

it should be right.the bottom of the leg will form a callus (sp?) over time and protect it

Oh I didn't notice the other rear foot was a bit munted too.

How does it move around? Does it drag the rear, and how does the rear foot work?

would the 'freak' be because they were prematurely 'layed' and not enough nutrients (yada yada) were given to fuel full development.

all in all, i think the results are better then none, as long as he's healthy and living life good.

re Zombie

At the forefront of the "Stop human lactation to bearded dragons" lobby

Arrr Henry,that reminds me of when ide get on the whiskey and have a few joints,the good old days when i was too wasted to open the bedroom door if i could find it,i thought of a way of putting suction caps on human beings so you could stick m to the walls to save space. :) :)

Hahaha yeah Zulu... it sounds weard, but it's what's going on in the USA right now. It all starts with beardy blankets and daily baths...

-H

Awww, cute little guy, I hope he is strong enough to make it.

LOL it was inevitable that a Heather Mills joke would find its way in there somewhere. I tried to think of another one but I'm stumped...

re Zombie

Hahaha yeah Zulu... it sounds weard, but it's what's going on in the USA right now. It all starts with beardy blankets and daily baths...

-H

Yeh it all sounds strange,beardy blankets,daily baths >well a few do it here,human lactation henry,do you mean they are titty sucklin dragons,so that what enough crack cocaine does! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back