Zoohot Temperature Control Stone 20W

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_dan89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just flicking through ebay and found these[h=1]Zoohot Temperature Control Stone 20W [/h]
I no people dont like using heat rocks but maybe with the thermostat built it you feel that little bit safer leaving it on.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Daniel
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Hey Daniel, What herp is it for? For my beardie I have a halogen lamp shining onto a real rock which gets nice and warm... I guess my idea wouldn't work at night time though! With the zoohot one that you mention, is the thermostat temperature fixed or is there a temperature knob for you to adjust it? regards, Lockie

I have that exact heat stone and it's pretty good, though I don't/ can't use mine. My stone actually has a small section of exposed heating wire on it which the ebay seller (not the one listing them now) failed to mention and I failed to notice in time to get a refund. I'm trying to find a solution to patch it up safely with some black silicone or something, but I'm wondering if it's even worth it since I don't think I'll use it. I powered it up and let it run for an hour or so when I bought it to see what it was capable of and wow did it get hot (opposite end to the wire exposed). You really need to have that thermostat built in or it'd be deadly. Even then I think I'd still connect it to a secondary thermostat before plugging it into the wall as I'd be paranoid that the dial would get knocked or bumped and end up with dead snakes. I found the dial on it a bit fiddly to get the temps where I needed them so that it matched a thermometer, but otherwise it's good. It heats well, stops heating when it should and looks pretty decent ( as good as a fake slab of rock can) out of the box.

Probably haven't helped much, as I don't use mine, but just thought I'd mention that I have one and if I was going to use a heat rock it would do what I wanted it to. For the price, it's pretty good. If you look around you'll probably get it cheaper as well. Mine was $42 delivered, new. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back