zoos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is you DON'T need any formal tertiary education to became a zoo keeper. All you need is to be able to work hard in all conditions, have a big heart, friendly personality and experience looking after animals.

If you can prove all this to a prospective employer at a facility then you can get yourself a job. If you don't know how to use a rake and shovel to pick up crap, LEARN! It's hard work, long hours and can be tough conditions. It's not all sugar coated furry cuddles!!

The best way into the industry if you really are keen is to VOLUNTEER, i cannot stress the volunteer part enough. Unless you already have experience as a keeper it is almost the ONLY way you will get into the industry.

My Wife Is A Keeper At Adelaide And Has Been Keeping For Five Years, She Has A Degree And Zoo Cert But The Only Way She Got Into The Job Was Through A Real Lot Of Volunteering!!!!!!! I Mean Lots..
Lots And Lots And Lots And Lots Of Racking And Sweeping And Scrubing And Cold/hot/wet Days
Most Days Are Filled With Cutting Up Food And Picking Up Sh#t, Its Not The Cuddles And Pats That People Think...

Please find the shift key and disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back