Chit chat in for sale forum?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLACkra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought i'd start up the discussion that maybe rule 4 of the "Shop and Swap" Forum Rules should be removed. Lots of people seem to be doing it and nothings happening about it maybe its time to just remove it.

incase anybody doesn't know rule number 4 is:
All "For Sale" and "Wanted to Buy" posts must be kept relevant to the topic. There is to be no chit chat in the "Shop and Swap" forums. This includes comments like “Nice snake” and “wish I could afford that!”

andrew

Many of these posts are deleted outright. For habitual chatters the Mods will issue a warning first. If they continue we will issue infractions to them.

Most sellers have enough trouble with tyre-kickers and kids contacting them asking for freebies. When they offer something for sale they are more interested in people making offers or asking questions about the sale, as opposed to people who want to ask questions that should be posted and discussed in the other forums.

Just because a few people ignore the Rules doesn't mean we should change the Rules.

:p

Hix

I hang my head in shame as one of those that have been found guilty of this crime and had to pay the penalty of being deleted.
While I agree that some of the discussion around the for sale post can deviate somewhat, I think that if the discussion relates directly to what is being sold then fine, even if it doesn't relate directly to the action of selling, if you get my drift. So I'm happy for this sort of chit chat in any for sale I may post.

This is APS we're talking about; chit chat capital of the world. Let people talk about whatever they want whenever they want i say. If a seller doesn't want chit chat in their thread then have it locked, it's so simple. But the rule is there, it's got to be enforced i suppose. But don't worry too much, as soon as Slateman sells APS to me i'll have the rule removed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back