100% het???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gandal88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so here is my question if you have a male and female 100% het they will produce all albino or some albino ??? not quite sure how it works thats all cheers jamie

and then if you breed albino to albino you get all albino??

Yes

Look up 'genetics punnet square' and you'll have a simple tool to work out genetic traights that have a standard pattern of dominant/recessive inheritance :)

Sorry I was thinking het with albino. I have the article in reptile Australia that covers all the ratios.

no, you have a probable ratio of 25% Normal, 50% Heterozygous, 25% Albino in the offspring.

google punnet squares as suggested

Interesting I dont know a lot about this either, how do you tell the hets from the normals in the clutch ratio that you said?

Interesting I dont know a lot about this either, how do you tell the hets from the normals in the clutch ratio that you said?
You can't... That's why they're sold as 66% Possible Hets. Means there's a 66% chance that they're het for Albino.

You can't... That's why they're sold as 66% Possible Hets. Means there's a 66% chance that they're het for Albino.

Or another way to put it is two out of three will be hets but visually the three look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back