1YO Stimson’s Python not pooping?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliviaerica

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I’ve had my lil stimsons for about 2 weeks now. She’s had two successful feeds with me, and loves to take her food straight away - but I’ve noticed she hasn’t pooped yet?

I know it’s probably such a simple answer as to why, but I can’t find any info, so I thought I’d ask here!

I’m a newbie reptile owner and extremely passionate to continue learning about reptiles, so it’d be great to have some help :)

Depending on their last feed, they can take up to a month to poop

After they poop i feed them soon after

Depending on their last feed, they can take up to a month to poop

After they poop i feed them soon after
Oh wow, I actually had no idea! Thankyou for letting me know, I was stressing so much haha!

Pooping periodically is not related to feeding with snakes. They don't have digestive systems like mammals, so it will likely be more temperature and activity related. It takes a while for a snake to absorb the nutrition content of any meal, far longer than for a mammal or bird, so sometimes it can be weeks between crap events.

Jamie

It's difficult to say without knowing the size of your snake and the feeds you're giving it, but it could be indicative of the meals being on the small side.

It is probably simply more likely that what the above posters have said is true. Especially after their first 6-12 months it's not unusual for many types of snakes to go fairly long periods without defecating, even if everything is perfectly normal. I've had some perfectly healthy adult snakes take months even when feeding regularly, though that would be unusual for a yearling Stimson's, or any Antaresia. And yes, when they take months while regularly feeding it's somewhat unpleasant when it does come out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back