2019 in review

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baker

Reaction score
Thought I'd go through and do the same as last year by making a post of my favourite wildlife photos over the last year. While I have still been rather busy over the last year with my PhD, I have been fortunate enough to get out and about a bit more this year to do some photography. I hope you all enjoy the photos below

Robust velvet gecko (Nebulifera robusta) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Southern angleheaded dragon (Lophosaurus spinipes) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Australian red eyed tree frog (Litoria chloris) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Yellow spotted monitor (Varanus panoptes) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

As field sites go, not many can beat this one!
Wenlock river by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Estuarine crocodile by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Pollination by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Portrait of a king by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Hatchling carpet python (Morelia spilota) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Narrow banded sand swimmer (Eremiascincus fasciolatus) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Curious mulga by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Unwelcome by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Urban bluie by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Cheers, Cameron

Awesome photos, Cameron.

Can I ask what sort of lighting/settings you used for night photography? I recently did a spotlighting trip and, while I saw a few interesting critters, my photography was rather awful.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Nero.

For my night shots, and even a couple of the ones I take during the day, I use a yonguno flash with a 20 cm square diffuser attached to it to soften and spread the light out. I also use a flash trigger so that I can position the flash wherever I want depending on the style of shot I'm after. Setting wise, most of my shots are between f 7-11, shutter speed ~1/160-250 and iso ~125-200.

Cheers, Cameron

Thanks for that Nero.

For my night shots, and even a couple of the ones I take during the day, I use a yonguno flash with a 20 cm square diffuser attached to it to soften and spread the light out. I also use a flash trigger so that I can position the flash wherever I want depending on the style of shot I'm after. Setting wise, most of my shots are between f 7-11, shutter speed ~1/160-250 and iso ~125-200.

Cheers, Cameron

Thanks for the information. I might give this a go. I was just using either the light from the torch or the standard flash, not sure on the settings, but either way, didn't make for very nice photos.

They are amazing photos! I would expect to see them on National geographic. Beautiful!

Latest posts

Back