2022 Reptile expo thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah think i’ve got something like 1 and a half years left. So at least 2 years until I can get one now. I dislike the R number system buy i understand its importance.
bugger, but as you say it is important ! Mainly to keep fools from buying things they can't maintain.
To upgrade you must have had a similar creature for at least 2 years, so a bearded dragon or similar R1 dragon to upgrade to a R2 dragon. I wanted to get a boyds when I upgraded to R2 years ago, now I can have anything R2. But apparently they have cracked down and now you can only get what you applied for.
Although some of the restrictions are ridiculous, we have northern, western and eastern BTS, 2 are R2 and 1 is R1 but all live under exactly the same conditions and eat the same food, go figure.

bugger, but as you say it is important ! Mainly to keep fools from buying things they can't maintain.
To upgrade you must have had a similar creature for at least 2 years, so a bearded dragon or similar R1 dragon to upgrade to a R2 dragon. I wanted to get a boyds when I upgraded to R2 years ago, now I can have anything R2. But apparently they have cracked down and now you can only get what you applied for.
Although some of the restrictions are ridiculous, we have northern, western and eastern BTS, 2 are R2 and 1 is R1 but all live under exactly the same conditions and eat the same food, go figure.
Currently I am only eligible for R2 Turtle, but I don’t plan on applying for that anytime soon, I should be eligible for R2 skink and Dragon in a year or two, which is when I will probably apply for Egernia Depressa, Frilles and Boyd’s

Currently I am only eligible for R2 Turtle, but I don’t plan on applying for that anytime soon, I should be eligible for R2 skink and Dragon in a year or two, which is when I will probably apply for Egernia Depressa, Frilles and Boyd’s
would it be any advantage for you to get the R2 turtle now as a starter towards your R2 dragon ? I have no idea how the sytem works now

look into it, It might give you some advantage down the track, I'm thinking if you have an R2 for turtles even if you don't use it, it might give you some creds towards a dragon/skink R2. It will s how you are passionate
ive heard of people being given R2 license for specific species if they can demonstrate sound knowledge to keeping them which can lead to full access to all the species in the group

Latest posts

Back