3-4 meters Python/Snake in roofspace

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pankajinchips

Reaction score
Hi There,

I come across with this group while googling today due to long skin found in my roof.
One of the tradesperson open the roof tile for some work and found long shaded skin. I wonder if this belongs to snake or python?

I have uploaded videos here which is just half part of the skin. I have been told it's carpenter Python which is harmless. But should I leave it in my roofspace in peace or should I call snake catcher?

Video Link -

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PK

Video link 2 :

Photo for rough estimate of length, it's still missing some part...

Attachments

• photo_6057374231215323605_y.jpg
    photo_6057374231215323605_y.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi There,

I come across with this group while googling today due to long skin found in my roof.
One of the tradesperson open the roof tile for some work and found long shaded skin. I wonder if this belongs to snake or python?

I have uploaded videos here which is just half part of the skin. I have been told it's carpenter Python which is harmless. But should I leave it in my roofspace in peace or should I call snake catcher?

Video Link -

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PK

Video link 2 :

Hi.
It's a Carpet Python and, if it hasn't already, will move on in due course. Shed skins are roughly 1/3 larger than the actual snake and going off that photo, even with some of the skin missing the snake itself would be pushing to be anymore than 2 to 2.5 metres and probably even less.

Just because there's a skin there doesn't mean that the snake still is. Snake catchers are expensive and they more than likely will charge for a call out even if they don't get the snake. It's your choice to call one or not but be assured that the snake is not going to harm anyone.

Cheers,

George.

Hi.
It's a Carpet Python and, if it hasn't already, will move on in due course. Shed skins are roughly 1/3 larger than the actual snake and going off that photo, even with some of the skin missing the snake itself would be pushing to be anymore than 2 to 2.5 metres and probably even less.

Just because there's a skin there doesn't mean that the snake still is. Snake catchers are expensive and they more than likely will charge for a call out even if they don't get the snake. It's your choice to call one or not but be assured that the snake is not going to harm anyone.

Cheers,

George.
You won't have possums or any other vermin with a python in your ceiling

Latest posts

Back