3 month old Rough Scaled Python suddenly gone off food.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieWheelz

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to snake keeping (I had a bluey for 10yrs). Recently bought a rough scaled python and up until recently she was feeding fine. But within the last 2weeks she has gone off her food and I'm wondering if you have any advice.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT... It shed the night of this post and then fed this evening.

Last edited:
Age, sex, location (I'm sounding like someone trying to pick up in a chatroom 20 years ago), history, etc

You say you bought it recently and it was feeding until recently... the timing is a little vague there. If a snake feeds once or twice after arriving then stops feeding, it's usually because it doesn't like the new environment, but depending on how recent each of these recent times were, it might be possible to rule that out, in which case it's probably responding to the seasonal change, which could be the case either way.

Not enough information to say much.

Thanks for replying guys sorry I vague on info, the snake is just on 3months, I live qld and have adequate setup as I was instructed by a seasoned snake keeper. It turned out she was going into shed and has subsequently shed and eaten. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back