6 year old costal carpet - 3 months without eating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive.99

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I’ve got a 6 year old coastal carpet who normally eats pretty regularly every 4 weeks. She’s always been a pretty good eater and rarely misses feeds.

Back in July we moved house, and she ate like normal a few days after moving in but hasn’t eaten since, we’re up to about 3 months now.

Offered plenty of rats, lots of rat wiggling, upped her temp, up nothings working. She has a sniff but loses interest, still very active though. Should I be worried? She’s a pretty big girl and a vet last year actually commented that she was a bit overweight at 6.6kg.

The only big change is since the move her tank gets significantly less natural sunlight, but the actual temp of the tank hasn’t changed. Could this be the cause? She does spend most of her time in her hides anyway but I’m worried she’s depressed because of the decrease of sun or something lol

Should I be worried? Thanks all!

I have 7ft Bredli...hasnt eaten since early June...in previous years not until mid December..right now hes looking like shedding...gone dark just done a small poo...

Latest posts

Back