Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good work Stephen. Beautifully crisp, well focused and arranged.
Do you mind me giving you some constructive criticism?

Do you mind me giving you some constructive criticism?

Not at all. I welcome it, certainly a lot of the photos need it (though if I know they need it do they need it?), the one thing I'm most unhappy about is that I clean my lens pretty often and I'm still getting dirt specs in all my pics, (probably on the sensor grrrr.)

I have been having trouble with nova and australis of late. I am pretty sure they are both here but im not to sure of the best way to distinguish them, the field guide doesnt really help. cultripes is meant to be here aswell but i havent found any yet.

Not at all. I welcome it...
Thanks for being open to criticism Stephen. 8)
A few of your 'portrait' close-ups have the subject's eye in or near the middle of the composition. This is possibly due to having centre focussing on the eye which is recommended. However I suggest that after you lock focus on the eye, you pan to include more of the body.

Thanks for being open to criticism Stephen. 8)
A few of your 'portrait' close-ups have the subject's eye in or near the middle of the composition. This is possibly due to having centre focussing on the eye which is recommended. However I suggest that after you lock focus on the eye, you pan to include more of the body.

Thanks for the criticism, by portrait close up are you referring to the headshots? I had a look through and you're right a lot of them are very close to the centre. I'll likely go back and re-crop those so there's more room in front of the animal. One thing though is that I intend these headshots to be headshots and I find it very aesthetically displeasing to have to much body in them, many of them have already been cropped to make sure less of the body is in the shot.

Thanks for the criticism, by portrait close up are you referring to the headshots? I had a look through and you're right a lot of them are very close to the centre. I'll likely go back and re-crop those so there's more room in front of the animal. One thing though is that I intend these headshots to be headshots and I find it very aesthetically displeasing to have to much body in them, many of them have already been cropped to make sure less of the body is in the shot.
My pleasure mate. Thanks for taking it so well. 8)
Yes, by portraits I mean headshots. I would have thought you'd be better off re-cropping the head-centred shots to include more of the body?? Pehaps it's just a matter of taste then. Either way though, the eye/head in or near the centre of an image is aesthetically dangerous imo. If you can make these images work by having even less body and more negative space then good on you for originality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back