A few of my other pets.........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bel03

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I thought i would post some pics of a couple of our other pets.....1 of our dogs, Brocky, the other is camera shy! 2 of our kitty's, Benny(the big boy) & Marli(the little devil), & our cockatiels Star & Thunder.
pets 003.jpgpets 001.jpgpets 002.jpgpets 004.jpgpets 005.jpgpets 006.jpgpets 007.jpgpets 008.jpg

They're so cute!!! Got to love furry and feathery pets too. Here are mine:

First 4 pics are my darling monster Indy (I love her to Death, she is a "dog-Cat" and the most amazing critter ever (Tonkinese) The first photo she was about 18 months old, the 2nd photo was her "having a bath" with me (or her version of a bath, I even put the heater up on the sink for her and a spare towel) the 3rd photo is her annual trip to the vet for her needles a few months ago and the 4th one is about a year ago her playing with her fave toy - plastic bags. She was a rescue (weighed a skeletel 450g when I got her at 13 weeks) and she will be 6 this September.

n1358832329_1943236_5076594.jpg250573_1807363508051_1358832329_3458516_5528_n.jpg167648_1576062805678_1358832329_3126286_2176122_n.jpg9222_1147120842397_1358832329_2167832_6103963_n.jpg24264_1292036185190_1358832329_2493602_6691886_n.jpg

The dog is Holly, my choc and white border collie, who would have turned 9 in May (RIP) I won't get another dog for a LONG time. Miss her too much, even after 3 years without her. Whenever I feel the need to care for a dog, I foster Greyhounds (although haven't been able to for some time, I will again one day)

EDIT: Boo, just made myself upset!!! Damn feelings.

Last edited:
:( ur not a sook! Losing pets is hard for any good pet owner! BTW Holly is beautiful, im sorry for ur loss! Indy too is beautiful, i love the bath pic, she sure does look really cozy! My eldest cat, Bella, whom like my maltese/shi tzu, wont let me take her photo at the moment, is also almost 6, the two above in my photos are still just babies, Benny is 2 (just a big boy) & Marli is almost 3mnths old (& a real little terror!) His favorite thing to play with at the moment is my feet! But i must say that is alot safer then his choice of toys last week......he took on a 2m long piece of rope.......LUCKILY i was at home to find him, he was stuck & hanging by the neck from my sons bed........it was VERY close!

Oh Geez the silly little thing! My mum's 7.5kg of love (Bronson) eats string! You can't leave anything that has a string-like appearance anywhere as he'll eat it. Naughty fatty he is! Indy is surprisingly heavy for her size. She's not super tiny, but is tall and slim and still manages to weigh in at 5.1kg!

Indy sure has come a long way since u rescued her! Great to see a happy ending to her unfortunate start in life! My Bella is only 4.5kg at 6yrs old, Benny at 2 is almost 7kgs, so he is my big boy.

I thought i would post some pics of a couple of our other pets...

Aww, I love them! We've got 2 dogs, 2 cats and 3 cockatiels, but I don't have pics of the birds. The black cat is Sam, we got him around Christmas time last year. The next door neighbour was mowing his lawn when he saw something move. He found 5 kittens there, they were only about 3 weeks old, and he didn't have a cat. We took the smallest one. He wasn't eating or drinking, and we fed him kitten milk through an eye dropper. He's great now, he's very cheeky and loves to play games. He's very affectionate too, He jumps up on my lap, wraps his paws around my neck and smooches all over my face lol. The black and white cat is Krystal. Had her for a couple of years now, got her from a pet shop. She's also affectionate, and polite. When I'm at the computer she stands up on her hind legs and taps my arm when she wants to jump up on my lap. If I say no she won't jump up. Good girl :)

The first brindle dog is Rosie, she's a boxer X staghound. Great dog, had her for a couple of months. The tan dog is Max, he's a ridgeback X staffy. Very playful and loves everyone :)

Attachments

• Rosie.jpg
    Rosie.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Sam.jpg
    Sam.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Krystal.jpg
    Krystal.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 59
Gorgeous Tahlia. My black & white girl Bella (who hides whenever she sees the camera) is exactly the same as your Krystal, she listens very well, except if the camera is out! & Brocky, my staffy, is also like your max......he loves everyone! My maltese shi tzu is more of a guard dog then Brocky is.......although he does let me know when people are at the gates cause he cries like a baby to get out for a pat! :lol: He is the biggest sook ever!

I love that excited whinge that they do - they get all shivery and look like they're about to jump straight up in the air and leave their fur behind.

I do miss having a dog. Our family dog was a Rotty x (something, we never knew as she was a pound rescue the day before she was due to be pts and she looked like a slightly smaller Rotty - maybe she was pure, who knows, she was starved from day dot we found out when we went back to the house she came from and spoke to the neighbour, who's daughter had been jumping the fence to feed her in the garden shed (yup, owner had her locked in a 2x2 garden shed) so she was a LOT of work in the first 2 months, we almost didn't keep her, she was HORRIBLE to be around, but we kept going and in the end we had a dog that never needed to be on a lead (only used one when we had to - following the rules and all) and loved our cats, my own dog Holly (above) and was the best pet we have (and will ever) have in our family.

We still talk about her now, all the time, about the hillarious stupid things she used to do, I would write 10,000 words on her and still keep going.

RIP at age 12. What a wonderful "Stormy Girl" she was.

:D I feel the same way about all my pets too, i could talk forever about them, each has their own personality, their own funny behaviours & they are just the biggest joy to be around! "Just a few minutes spent with my pets keeps me smiling all day" We had similiar problems with Brocky as u did with your rescue, he was kept tied up, had little to no food or water, had no time spent with him & he was anti-social. When he first came to live with us, almost 3yrs ago, he hated my maltese shi tzu, & he hated the cats.......now he is best friends with Bruce (the maltese x) they eat, sleep & play together, & while he is gentle with all 3 cats now, he definatley has a soft spot for my Benny, he too will sleep with the dogs, either on their bed or in the kids cubby house on beanbags!

EDIT: Boo, just made myself upset!!! Damn feelings.

I understand that, we've had to have a couple of animals put down in the last couple of years. We used to have a ridgeback X rottweiler, her name was Lucy. We'd had her since she was 9 weeks old. When we first brought her home she was scared of anything you picked up (particularly plastic bags and newspapers). She didn't wag her tail for about 2 months, so we figured she was mistreated. She wasn't even 3 when we had her put down, she turned vicious. :cry: The vet said she could have had a brain tumor, and perhaps that's why her temperament changed. Before that she was very affectionate, and liked to play with our cats.

The other pet was a tonkinese kitten. She was 4 months old, a friend of ours had bought her but not long after that realised that they were allergic to cats. A family friend of ours had not long passed away from lung cancer, so Danka gave us the kitten as a gift when we lost our friend. My mother called her DJ after her friend Deana. We only had her for 2 1/2 weeks, and she seemed very hungry but wouldn't eat. The vet couldn't find what was wrong with her, and not long after that vet trip we had her back there again. She was so weak she couldn't even pass her own waste and she had to be put down :cry: Danka was very upset, the cat had been feeding when she gave it to us, so she didn't know there was a problem. She felt awful.

The last photo is of my mother and Deana. My mother is the one with the glasses.

Attachments

• Lucy.jpg
    Lucy.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Lucy and Nat.jpg
    Lucy and Nat.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Lucy in Mum's bed.jpg
    Lucy in Mum's bed.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DJ.jpg
    DJ.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DJ2.jpg
    DJ2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 50
My lot

I don't have any dogs, cats, pet birds, unless you count 7 chooks and 4 roosters following you thinking you have food, but I have 3 beautiful horses, and my reptiles.
IMG_1205.jpg
Storm.
IMG_1374.jpg
Banjo.
2011-03-140012011-03-14001.jpg
and Anzac.
IMG_8553.jpg
Lizzie.
IMG_8594.jpg
Phoenix.
IMG_8920.jpg
Ninja.