A little worried, snake poo question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosequoll

Reaction score
I'm a little worried about my girl Darwin, which is every MORE worrying, because she's always been wonderful.

I'll point out first that she's acting normal, maybe even a little more active at night than usual. Moving around, being inquisitive, basking, etc. I would say that she's maybe drinking more water, as I've actually SEEN her drinking the other day, and that's the first time in the 5 months I've had her that I've seen her drink during daylight hours....

Also should add that before she was on bark chip substrate, and now is on just lino tile and paper in ther new enclosures.

Anyways, as per usual she got her feed on two small mice last Tuesday. A few days ago she shed, and of course, GIANT POO. I cleaned this up, fine, everything looked good and normal, small white urea, large poo, dark brown watery etc (sorry for the graphic detail).

Since then, she's had another urea dropping two days ago, and another poo today, of a medium size. The issue that is worrying me was a very small dropping that was a light greenish brown, with a small watery clear area around it. I just checked in on her now before going to bed and there is another little puddle of clearish water (about the size of a 50c piece) with a very small amount of muddy green dropping in the centre.

I'm just freaking out because this isn't something I've seen from her before, and I'm not experienced enough with snakes to know absolutely for sure what's going on, or even if that's okay and normal? Because of the lino and paper now, I'm seeing everything rather than it just being soaked up by the substrate, and I'm have a tendancy to worry to much.

Help?

i would say take her most recent poo to the vets and have them do a test on it. just to make sure everything is ok.

Light green can be a sign of internal parasite. Best to take a sample to vet so he can treat accordingly if there's anything wrong.

Did you just put her with your other snakes? I know you were questioning about housing them together. Sometimes muck like that can be a territory thing when they meet up with another snake. But the light green still don't sound right. Get it checked out.

i guess this thread should answer your question about keeping snakes together.
if u had them together you would be unsure of whos poo it was and would be risking the other snake of getting what ever this one had.

i guess this thread should answer your question about keeping snakes together.
if u had them together you would be unsure of whos poo it was and would be risking the other snake of getting what ever this one had.

Beat me to the punch zoocam. Yet another convenience associated with separate quarters.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. I've had snakes do the odd greenish poo, i think it has more to do with the gut content of the prey item than anything wrong with the snake. Keep an eye on her and if she gets sick take her to the vet otherwise you'll be spending $150 to be told your snake is perfectly normal.

weetbix packet.... sorry lame i know.....

if she has been drinking more water then normal maybe shes just passing that.... could be giving her a bit of a clean out... that an un educated guess though.

Where did you hear that?

I didn't mean the green crap was an indication of territory but my own have done that when I pair them up - little bits here and there and my female port mac urinates everywhere - either a sign to tell the male she's ready or letting him know he is in her territory. My olives are worse for it.

It is hard to offer someone perfect advice on a forum, you only have their explanation to go on to give possible reasons. Crap like that doesn't always mean there is something wrong. No I didn't read that off the weetbix box. :p but I am not trying to be a vet either.

Righto i see what you're saying. But to me that sounds more like a stress thing than a territory thing. SNakes will crap as a defense mechanism and will make a stink too. I haven't had anyone back me up on this yet but when i was doing relocations nearly all of the carpets i caught would stink bomb really hardcore. The fluid always look clear to me when it was on the snake of me, but i never took a good look at it, i suppose it could have been a transparent greeny colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back