A Scorpion Article to Read

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Newton

Reaction score
I have put together an article discussing the relationships between morphology, general venom toxicity and predation strategies. I dont believe that scorpions with small hands and big tails are highly toxic as a result of the need to envenomate their prey and my article discusses this.
Please have a read and let me know your opinion etc....if you think it's crap, say so, I'm pretty thick skinned....

http://www.thedailylink.com/thespiralburrow/features/venom.html

cheers

i dont keep scorpions but i am interested in them
very good web site,very informative
well done,you should be proud of yourself

Wow that was a very interesting article Mark, well done. It is great to read things like this, so thanks.
By the way, I could read the article, but for some reason the Spiral Burrow site is not working for me.
Is that just my computer or everyones?

P.S Mark, this is in no way a criticism of your article, just completely out of curiosity, but have you ever spent any time overseas studying scorps in other countries?

Cheers,
Matt

Just to make people aware.....this article is aimed at the general public and is not in any way meant to be looked at as a scientific presentation. It is an opinion based, general article only, designed to get people thinking outside the box. It is not intended to cover all morphologies either, just the basic overall plans. I will emphasise this on the page itself, as some people have thought I was putting up a paper. I dont think it would make a very good scientific paper..LOL.
Thanks to those that have commented and given me a few ideas on making my points clearer, much appreciated.

Wow that was a very interesting article Mark, well done. It is great to read things like this, so thanks.
By the way, I could read the article, but for some reason the Spiral Burrow site is not working for me.
Is that just my computer or everyones?

P.S Mark, this is in no way a criticism of your article, just completely out of curiosity, but have you ever spent any time overseas studying scorps in other countries?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt. Sometimes there might be breaks in line continuity between your pc and the one the website is housed on, could be a link down momentarily anywhere in the world...seems good now.

I have of course read many scientific publications over the years, but I have never studied O/S scorpions in the wild, if that's what you mean.

Feel free to criticise too, helps me think outside the box....LOL

Fantastic educating tool! It not only encourages people to think twice about what they observe but gets them asking questions and debating (- a great way to stop them killing everything in sight;).) It makes a lot of sense, Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Love your photography too!

Fantastic educating tool! It not only encourages people to think twice about what they observe but gets them asking questions and debating (- a great way to stop them killing everything in sight;).) It makes a lot of sense, Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Love your photography too!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and a very interesting way of looking at it, thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back