Accidental find

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
In an epic story of wit and might..... Well rather I chased off the small cat that hangs around the back of my pub... Turns out that she was stalking what appears to be a Peron's tree frog (Litoria Peroni). Very cute little guy, unfortunately covered in leeches etc. is now happily eating some crickets before relocation to a creek just down the road from where I found him.

6e152865-3b86-b783.jpg

6e152865-3ba3-b8ac.jpg

6e152865-3bbf-830f.jpg

6e152865-3bd8-b87a.jpg

Last edited:
Covered in Leeches, how fascinating. good on you for saving the little guy, chuck him under some loose bark of a big red gum right on the creeks edge, that's where I seem to find most of them :)

I thought it was a bit odd really but he seemed dry and was a bit dirty so I let him have a bath next thing, a live leech swims out from under him. Upon inspection I found a couple stuck up in his hip joints. Poor fella. All is well now though. He is well fed and in a quiet dark place pending my ability to make it to the creek without tripping over something in the dark and ending up dirty, covered in leeches and eating crickets at a frogs house....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back