Ackie Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No judgement please,

I have recently purchased an ackie in the last couple of months, sex unknown.

I built my own enclosure for it before I picked it up, out of melamine, dimensions are 1200x600x900 LxWxH
I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon when I get back from work.
I installed a 150w heat lamp, and a 25w UVB 150 globe with two ceramic light fittings.
I also have a stick on thermometer on the hot side of the tank to get a good reading for the high temps... I stuck it on the wall about 150mm above the substrate out of direct sunlight.
I also put 4 round 130mm vents in the tank two on either side offset to one another “like a cross“ one at the top closest to the back wall and one and the bottom closest to the front on one side and opposite on the other side.
I installed double glass sliding doors for the front sliders.

I have a mixture of washed sand and coco peat as the substrate, which I spray every other day.

I feed my baby, small crickets dusted in calcium powder daily and every other day mealworms that I produce myself on a diet of oat bran and fresh carrot.

After all of that... I need help with my interior furnishings.
I have purchased and installed a reptile one, two tier Corner piece which sticks to the wall, a water dish, medium hide, two drift wood pieces one small and one medium and also a decorative aquarium wood piece with fake green foliage coming off of it.

I want to make a tile stack and some sore of background which makes my baby feel more comfortable.

I would love to hear everyone else’s ideas Which they have incorporated into their designs and also some constructive tips which will help me better my husbandry.

Thank you all for reading.

Latest posts

Back