Ackie question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trewin

Reaction score
Im building a 5 foot cage for my ackie and wantto get a hatchling. Would this be to big for a hatchling? Should i keep him in a smaller enclosire first? If so what would i keep him in? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

?

Maybe you could put a partition in your 5 footer to make it smaller while the hatchy is small, and take it out when it grows?

Thanks i was thinking of doing this but then he wouldnt have much of a cool side? Just wondering tif they were like snakes and do better in small spaces when young

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he has 2-3 feet with heat source at one end it will be ok. The problem with hatchies in large enclosures is if they get too far away from a heat source they can cool down so much that they can't move back to warm up.

im sure he would be happier in the larger one. I believe no enclosure is too big for a reptile... is the outside world too big for a wild one?.. as long as you have the right temps going I think it should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back