Ackie refusing to bask and staying behind rock wall

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackieguy

Reaction score
The past 6 weeks we assumed my ackie had been stolen but 2 days ago i found him as i was throwing out his old enclosure. I quickly put him into my spare enclosure but only have a heat lamp at the moment no uvb so its quite dark in the enclosure (I will have uvb within the week). He ran around for a bit before finding a hole in the rock wall and wedging himself in it. Originally I thought he was stuck but he seems to be able to go further along and both of his back legs and tail are free (when my other ackie did something similar he had no problems pushing himself out with his back legs) I dug over half of his body out but he refuses to come out or bask. He has plenty of hides in the enclosure but will only go to the wall which I cant patch till he moves. I can't dig him out any further without the wall pushing against him and crushing him? any advice???

The past 6 weeks we assumed my ackie had been stolen but 2 days ago i found him as i was throwing out his old enclosure. I quickly put him into my spare enclosure but only have a heat lamp at the moment no uvb so its quite dark in the enclosure (I will have uvb within the week). He ran around for a bit before finding a hole in the rock wall and wedging himself in it. Originally I thought he was stuck but he seems to be able to go further along and both of his back legs and tail are free (when my other ackie did something similar he had no problems pushing himself out with his back legs) I dug over half of his body out but he refuses to come out or bask. He has plenty of hides in the enclosure but will only go to the wall which I cant patch till he moves. I can't dig him out any further without the wall pushing against him and crushing him? any advice???
Take out the rock wall. Get out your Ackie. Get aquarium grade silicone. Silicon rock wall. Hello Ackie!

Lucky that he wasn’t stolen and that you found him.

Back