Active

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just curious... to see what you experienced types have to say.

I've noticed Clarice (the new baby Olive) is about 10 times more active than my C Carpet, Diamond or Mac.

I've often seen adult Olives looking fairly lazy, although, it's true I haven't gotten to look at them much at night.

Are the Liasis more active generaly?

What do the other Olive owners have to say?

Hi Nicole.

Yeah, my as yet unnamed olive is quite active too, at least during the day for the first couple of days.

He's settled down a bit now and spends more time in his hide, but he's still a bit more active than the others.

Night time is a different story though. If I pop in and have a look at them all, they're all exploring!

It's due to the fact that they are from FNQ, their body clock still thinks they are up there where it is Mango Madness time of year :) Ain't that right Paul?

hahaha phil you just dont know how right you are..mango maddness is a very true event,but must say with people more than snakes..lol

with the olives they are more active during the day than at night..
cheers paul.

More active during the day? Really?
I watched Clarice nearly all of the long weekend, she has been sleeping all day, and zooming around doing laps of her enclosure and trying to go exploring at night. Open up the cage and she is out and climbing on you within 60 seconds at night...

She looks so much more active than the other guys I might give her one of my big enclosures intended for the coastal and the diamond that will be ready next weekend, untill her super-dooper big house is ready.. then move one of my other babies a couple of months later.

Then again, maybe she is settling in...

..um, and er.. what is "Mango Madness"?

Hi Nic

happy day or two after Australia Day.

When you say 'Open up the cage and she is out and climbing on you within 60 seconds at night...

is the room dark or light - ie. does she happily venture out of the enclosure into a normally lit room.

Snap does a runner (actually more like a rib crawl) whenever she sees activity that might be me wanting to handle her. If I'm not quick she's into one of her hides and I spend the next few minutes getting her out. Never seems agitated once out? - love those olives. Hey new olive name for David's - Kalamata

Both Graham;
Not her first night home, she was still ansty, and fair enough too, but since then, the fully lit room or in almost total darkness, she readily ventures out.
Also, just gone evening or 4.am, she is just as keen, but has spent all day in her hide cave with just a couple of little wake-up and stretchs in between hours of inactivity..

I guess I will have to wait to see what happens as time passes...

Suggestion

Thanks for the name suggestion, Graham. I'll ask my boy when he comes here for the weekend - it has to be a joint decision. :lol:

Hehehe, I am aware of Mango Madness Paul, I lived in Port Douglas for a year :) Indeed it does only affect the humans up there though :)

LOL yup watch out when dem mangoes start falling outa de trees man :)
I was actually normal till I went to live up there :) Roflmbloodyao

hahaa normal
thats thats a little hard to beleive phil..
the words phil and normal just dont /cant/wont go in the same sentance..
cheers paul.

yeah my olives were full on they just cruise all the time l had a 7 ft and she was so hard to ceep in the tank l use to open it just to change the water and she was out oand on the run and my 2 smaller ones were the same

I would agree with Nicole that olives are fairly active snakes.....
My olive used to move around the cage fairly constantly unless it was just fed.....
Maybe they are hungry and looking for food?

Every olive I've ever seen, big or small, were quite active snakes. When you open cage, they want to come out and play. This is one of the things I love about them. They go, go, go, but not so fast as to be unhandlable. Both my olives are active day and night. If I open the lid on tank, they are both out and exploring. They're usually waiting with nose pressed to lid, 'cause they know I'm there. I really need to get them into their permanent homes (yet another half finished project on the to-do list :? ) because it can be quite a pain trying to get hands on both of them at once, and still hold lid up. Doesn't seem to make much difference if it's day or night to them, they act about the same. Sleep about half the time, other half all over the place, but always active if I open cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back