Adeliade River Fun

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poggle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok so originally from Tas i have never had much of an oppertunity to work with crocs. Now i am trying t make up for it any way i can.

So some recent rumors of an 8 mtr male croc in the Adelaide river got me a bit excited and i just had to be apart of finding this wonderful creature and making sure it was in well looked after condition ( how couldn't he be at that size)

It was not my time and due to work limits i had to get home but here are some crocs who wanted to partake in the study.

3 beautiful 3-4 mtr females. And a cracker 6.5mtr male. Beautiful specimen!

Thanks to the guys at Spectacular for use of their boat :DDSCF1147.jpgDSCF1148.jpgDSCF1149.jpgDSCF1150.jpgDSCF1152.jpgDSCF1154.jpg

Hope you like.

Thanks buddy... Hard to remember when they are so close.... DO NOT TOUCH haha

Ok, females don't get to 4m... and i'll give you my left one if the 6.5m croc is over 5.5m.

But they are good pics!

That "6.5" is probably Marakai ( spelling )...he was 5+ when I see him in 2000

Ok, females don't get to 4m... and i'll give you my left one if the 6.5m croc is over 5.5m.

But they are good pics!

I said between 3-4 lol. And i am being honest about the male. The boat we were on was a 7mtr. And he was pretty darn close to the length of it.

That "6.5" is probably Marakai ( spelling )...he was 5+ when I see him in 2000

They did say his name. Stated he was a show man but i cant remember it now... i was just in heaven seeing these guys in the wild... was nice. Sense of freedom feeling :)

Much over 3m makes for a very big female! Like i said, left one is coming to you in a jar of metho if the 6.5m croc can be verified to be over 5.5!

Crocs always look bigger in the water, they tend to shrink by about a metre when they are pulled out.

Ok i may be wrong if so i am glad to admit it.... But wheni come to Darwin next you r coming out with me... Proof is in the eye :)

6.5 metres is huge for a croc. This is a photo of a 4.3 metre we caught. Half as long as that again would be pretty big, to put it mildly.
ap-IGP1574.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back