Adult Male Beardie Not Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUNDELL

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4 year orange male bearded dragon. I bought him 18 months ago from a lady in Victoria. He did not mate with a mature female last year which was dissappointing, as he was meant to be a proven breeder. However he did mate about 3 weeks ago, since then he has spoted eating and is getting very sleepy. He is also getting skinny. I assume he is not that old that mating took that much out of him that he is about to die. There are no visual problems, no worms in his poop. Any ideas on what is going on, can I force feed him pinkies to get him back on track. Not sure what is best. :( Hopefully IU will not loose him, I have soime great yellow females that are ready to breed this year and he is the only male I have got.

Thanks everyone for any help.

i know wat 2 do

u could put ur lizard in its heat spot heat up ur lizard then chuck in 3 crickets all at 1nce

i am not a expert i have only owned dragons for 18 months, but i would say mabye ya dragon is trying to i think ya call it burmate in the winter as they cool down during winter to condition themselves for mating season in the warmer months, i am most likley wrong and someone here will let me know i would be sure of that.
so any more ideas comon peeps this is a info site

if your dragon mated 3wks ago...your temps may be up ..not adjusting for brumation

brumation will ensure healthy adult dragons & healthy offspring...may have been problem last season

1st....full temp disclosure
cool end........hot end..........head height under basking light....night & day!
set up........describe habitat,dimensions length,height,depth....what is it made from...vents =where?

to want to breed tis time of year...your temps may be too high
please feedback info

Yea. maybe just rise the tempreture. he is most likely hibernating. . dust his food with calcium every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back