Advertising websites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Due to recent advertising of web sites in the forums, in fairness to those who pay for advertising on this site, it's timely to remind all users that there are rules governing advertising :

16. If a member decides to build his own site with an operating forum similar to APS and starts his own online community, any advertising included links and signature here on APS must be discussed with an Administrator and approved prior to any sort of advertising for it on this site.

16. If a member decides to build his own site with an operating forum similar to APS and starts his own online community, any advertising included links and signature here on APS must be discussed with an Administrator and approved prior to any sort of advertising for it on this site.

Please take note of the above and adhere to these rules.

Thank you! :)

Just follow the above rules and you'll be fine. Remember that some users actually pay good money to advertise on here. If your site is in any way competition to them, then that is a little unfair, wouldn't you say? ;-)

all that says is sites who have a forum like aps...is the second number 16 supposed to be a diff rule lutz? cos bouncers site doesn't have a forum as far as i'm aware? nor does any of the sponsors...are we talking about the banner at the top? I'm lost lol

I'm a bit confused myself. Your obviously talking about our site, since we're the only ones plugging ourselves lately. We have no forums like yourself and that rule doesn't say anything about sites in competition with your paid advertisers. I'm happy to keep the peace tho so if I'm doing something wrong, please do let me know.

Ok - maybe I shouldn't have put that second rule (16) there. sorry. No the rule doesn't talk about competition - I was merely pointing out the reason why the rule exists.

I think David meant to post this one:

9. A member should have the right to notify others once of his web site. They can also have a link in the "Web Links" section and one in their signature. Any further promotion will be counted as advertising and members who do this should have their post deleted and be offered banner ads or site sponsorship. The definition of "Web Site" here does not include a discussion forum

Wheres the rule that says
"A member may post the address of a commercial buisness, just help someone who is looking for it,
one herper helping another without incuring a warning about advertising protocol"?
I cant find it and ive already done it! ...................."will I go to gaol Mr Lutz"? :oops: :lol:

Seriously though, where do ya draw the line Dave? :?

Or is rule 16 pointed at me ? As I advertised my site/s recently when I posted a thread about a reward for a lost herp and distantly there are forums (species specific) attached to that website.

Is there a problem with me doing that as 16 seems pretty specific to my post ?

Was my post ok and what about my sig ? Can I have a ruling on this so I know for the future, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back