Advice regarding Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vic178

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me please if it is better to raise these beauties individually or would they do better as a pair?
Regards, Vicki.
:?

they do better idividually, some will say they can be kept together but there is always a risk.

hey
i raise mine together but i find if they are kept together you have to make sure that they eat the same amount. eg feed seperatly

ohnestly it is up to you there is many ups and downs of keeping together or individually keeping together will save space, save on your electricity bill and they will have componie but you will have to seperate them when feeding insects or anything live for that matter. keeping them seperate you can feed evenly etc but will take up more space add to the electricity bill more money for enclosures etc.

I find both ways is good. It depends on what you want the dragon to be like, and whether you plan to breed with them in the future, or whatever.

Thanks to all those who replied. I need to do a lot more research before I commit to caring for a beardie.

Regards, Vicki.:)

I keep my 2 together but as channi says there is a risk there are no problems so far with mine because i raised them together but some of my friends have had the limbs ripped off one of them so it is up to you.

Thanks Jordan. I am thinking I only want one. I am not looking to breed any, I just want another animal (other than my dog) which would be active during the day. I am currently into frogs.

Regards, Vicki.
P.S. Thanks again to all with your suggestions and help.

well if you dont want to breed, probably just get one but if you want to breed, get a pair. maybe they will enjoy having some company with another beardie friend while you are away??

2 females would most likely be fine together.

boy and girl means the girl will get harrassed non stop for loving (once they reach puberty), which could result in bits being bitten off, getting gravid way too young and stress

male with male would probably result in 1 killing the other, either thru fighting or stress.

if u get hatchies they will be ok together fro a few months (if theyre well fed they shouldnt eat each others toes or tails but might) when they hit puberty they may need seperating though depending on gender.

but 1 sounds like a good idea to start with, that way when its old enough to sex u can go from there.

Thanks again. When I am ready, I'll have a chat with my local breeder. "Camo", if anyone knows him. He is a really fabulous guy to deal with.

Cheers, Guys and Gals,
Vicki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back