AHS meeting Thursday 28th April

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just got this email which I thought should be shared:

This month's meeting see's a brand new venue for our meetings and a day change for this month only. The Australian Herpetology Society will now meet at the Sydney Mechanic's School of Arts at 280 Pitt St, Sydney. This is next door to the NAB on the corner of Pitt and Bathurst streets. For this month only the meeting will be on the THURSDAY evening rather than the Wednesday. It will return back to the 4th Wednesday evening of every month from May at the new location.

This month's speaker is Gerry Swan on his herpetological adventures along the natural gas pipeline in QLD.

Hope to see you there

Kidding me? I just took wednesday night of work to come. It's been too long and thought I better make an appearance.
Maybe next month.

Any idea on parking at/around the new venue Bob?

What time does it start? I'll see if I can re-arrange things so I can work in the city on Thursday.

Oh drat - Thursdays stink. Can't make it. I hope the new venue has good parking next month.

Any idea on parking at/around the new venue Bob?

I told that it's about 400-500meters from the old venue at the museum so the parking situation is similar, although I believe there may be some parking stations close by. I was going to google up the info but have not had a chance so far

Yeah it's not too far from the old venue at all, so can still park in same areas but then a short (10min) walk.

If parking near the old venue, from the museum walk west up William St (which becomes Park St) past Hyde Park. Keep walking past Elizabeth & Castlereagh St intersections, & turn left onto Pitt St. It's not too far up after that.

I don't know what street parking is like down Pitt St, guess we'll find out tomorrow. There are a few parking stations close by, but I don't know what they cost, or open/close times.

Looking forward to the meeting & to the talk.

The other big question is........now where do we meet before/after the meeting?
I see there's a pub a few doors up, The Edinburgh Castle Hotel with all the usual pub grub....

Dang was planning on coming this month, lucky I checked this in time.
Might make my first appearance if I can finish work in time.

all these avatars and "on-line names "...have no idea who most of them are, but have probably have seen them in person, many times

Parking along Pitt street and castlereight street isn't too bad of a night time after 6pm.

It's actually better than where it was, as tha thas more residential people and therefore has a few more people at home. It is across the road from Town Hall so will be even easier for PT people.

I like to thank you spongebob. Without this thread, I'd be walking around the museum tonight wondering where everyone is.

Yeh, glad i found out in time, look forward to seeing the new venue and trying the food in the nearest pub. Look forward to the meeting, Gerry always puts on an interesting talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back