AHS - Smiths Lake Field Trip.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkesbury reptiles

Reaction score
Here are a few pics from the Australian Herpetological Societys (AHS) latest trip to Smiths Lake for a herping weekend...

These trips and a variety of others are run every year for members.....this trip was an outstanding success finding a large list of reptiles, amphibians and other creatures while snooping around the rainforest....the weather was perfect as well...very warm and humid most of the time, we had a bit of rain on saturday night and sunday but nothing like what Sydney had....

forum - 27.jpg

forum - 15.jpg

forum - 16.jpg

forum - 10.jpg

forum - 17.jpg

Golden crowned snake
forum - 03.jpg

Diamond python (Juvenile)
forum - 07.jpg

Small eyed snake
forum - 23.jpg

Diamond python(adult)
forum - 04.jpg

Stephens banded snake.
forum - 01.jpg

Diamond pythons were widespread...all sizes were found, 2 death adders (1 roadkill), small eyed snakes were very common as well...

Enjoy...

kelly

It was a fantastic week end with heaps of herps about.....here are my pics..
z-41.jpg

zz-34.jpg

zzz-26.jpg

zzzz-20.jpg

zzzzz-21.jpg

zzzzzz-17.jpg

zzzzzzz-11.jpg

zzzzzzzzz-7.jpg

zzzzzzzzzz-4.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz-2.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

That is just a small amount of the herps seen, plenty more critters were turned up, inc. adders, Stephens Bandeds, Swamp snakes, Pinktongues, Lacies, ect ect ect... The Australian Herpetological Society (AHS) runs these field trips every year, and any member is welcome to come.

All those central coast carpet pics are different snakes too, and other people found others I didn't photograph.. not bad for a weekend trip eh :)

Great stuff, awesome pics, looked & sounded like a top trip.

I've only just joined AHS, so looking forward to tagging along to some of these events in future.

Jason, that first pic of the frog is a cracker.

Great photos, there is a lot of wildlife up in the Great Lakes region.

Jason is the first frog a Litoria barringtonensis?

Awesome pics,
Jason, that first frog pic is great!

Nice "Central Coast Carpets" hehe

Oh I love Smiths Lake. We go there once a year for Uni. Last year we only found diamonds, angled headed dragons and some frogs...but we weren't really looking for reptiles...I'll be sure to make more of an effort this year :D

Oh what great finds! I couldn't go there this year, but last year was awesome :) I love the little creek stained by the tea tree leaves. Its nice to sit in, you can't really swim in it though... Was it still there??

I hope you guys didnt scary all of them off too relocate, I'm going on the next one and better find some of those species lol.

Diamond variation

Love those diamond pics, just want to say how varied the patterns are. People talk about `true diamonds` and locality, how can you say a diamond is from one place or another when you see those ones.

Everyone is differant.

Really cool pics!

Love those diamond pics, just want to say how varied the patterns are. People talk about `true diamonds` and locality, how can you say a diamond is from one place or another when you see those ones.

Everyone is differant.

Yeah, they were all within about 50kms.

lol, alot of those young "hot" "high yellow" looking ones turn into those grubby dark backed adults anyway, you are pretty much looking at the same snake, age being the only real difference.

Great shots. Looks like a fabulous trip with so many snakes.

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back