ALMA PARK ZOO? anyone been recently?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We are heading up next week for a couple of weeks with my Mum and Dad at Mt Tamborine. It will be the first time in ages that we will all be going together so we are wanting some exciting places to take Tilly, but dreamworld/movie world/seaworld etc seems a bit overpriced to take a 3 yr old with motion sickness (so no rides for my bubba). I took her to Currumbin a couple of years ago, and she enjoyed that, but we want somewhere different this time, and i remembered (very vaguely) going to Alma Park Zoo when i was little.

Has anyone been to ALMA PARK ZOO recently? is it any good? It seems to be one of the cheaper places in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area, Everything else is soooo expensive!!!

Any other suggestions? must have animals, and if i have to go definitely reps, lol.

Thanks guys...

From what I rember. The Australia zoo is about same price, and a lot be. Also it's not much further up the road.

I've never even heard of it, but would be keen to read other people's opinions on it, as we're headed up that way ourselves soon. What started out as a long weekend trip to Australia Zoo for my birthday has turned into a weeks holiday on the Gold Coast. :)

I went about 2 yrs ago, worst zoo I have ever been too.

Went about a year ago for the second time. it's on the outskirts of Brisbane but I know that they're moving to Logan to expand and because some hugely rich bastard wants to flatten the gardens (it was originally a botanical garden) and put a huge housing estate on top. If you go see the water buffalo, you can see all the development being built pretty much next to them. It's not a huge zoo, but some of the animals are gorgeous. We spent about four hours there. I think it's worth the money :)

From what I rember. The Australia zoo is about same price, and a lot be. Also it's not much further up the road.

Australia zoo will be about $50 more plus if i go to Beerwah I will hsve to visit family lol.

I've never even heard of it, but would be keen to read other people's opinions on it, as we're headed up that way ourselves soon. What started out as a long weekend trip to Australia Zoo for my birthday has turned into a weeks holiday on the Gold Coast. :)

When are you heading up? Unfortunately, i think this year our holidays coincide with school holidays so its going to be busy as wherever we go....

I went about 2 yrs ago, worst zoo I have ever been too.
Any other suggestions up that way? i think i heard something about a reptile park between the GC and Toowoomba?

Went about a year ago for the second time. it's on the outskirts of Brisbane but I know that they're moving to Logan to expand and because some hugely rich bastard wants to flatten the gardens (it was originally a botanical garden) and put a huge housing estate on top. If you go see the water buffalo, you can see all the development being built pretty much next to them. It's not a huge zoo, but some of the animals are gorgeous. We spent about four hours there. I think it's worth the money :)

is there any reps?

i remember their advertisement on TV (from when i was alot younger) had some sort of bear, and deer, and peacocks... just saw on the website that for $75 i can feed and interact with a ring tailed Lemur, now thats pretty cool.... or for $40 i can feed a Quoll. eant to mention in the other thread that I'm from Toowoomba too..

What about David Fleay Wildlife Park at Tallebudgra? anyone been there?
[h=1][/h]

When are you heading up? Unfortunately, i think this year our holidays coincide with school holidays so its going to be busy as wherever we go....

We're flying out Saturday week. Yeah, the school holidays are a pain, but because of where I work I am restricted to taking leave during the school holidays.

We're flying out Saturday week. Yeah, the school holidays are a pain, but because of where I work I am restricted to taking leave during the school holidays.

We will be there at the same time!

Hubby has a ride up there every year, its usually in October, but it was brought forward to september this year (suits us better anyway as Tilly's birthday is usually at the same time!)

I'm trying to find out more info on David Fleay Wildlife park. appears the entry is only $18 per adult...

I'm trying to find out more info on David Fleay Wildlife park. appears the entry is only $18 per adult...

That is cheap ! So far the only things I have penned in are Australia Zoo & a visit to the S&T store. The missus said she just wants to relax by the pool, but I'm still looking for other herpy (don't say that out loud, LOL) things to do.

lmao! yeah the last thing your missus would want to hear on her holidays! "just popping out to get herpes love, back soon!"...

my parents live at Tamborine mountain about a block from a NP so im thinking i might give herping in real life a try... They have some lovely pythons pop into their place, ive finally convinced them to let them be (they've always called a re-locator)....

i'm going to try and get to the new s&t shop too....

There is some nature sky-walk thingy that she wants to do (saw it in a brochure the last time we were up there), so that sounds kind of herpy, I guess. ;)

There is some nature sky-walk thingy that she wants to do (saw it in a brochure the last time we were up there), so that sounds kind of herpy, I guess. ;)

yeah thats around the corner from where i'll be. it is besutiful bushlsnd around there, i havent done the skywalk yet but now that Tilly's a bit older we might give it a shot... there's a good pub called the st bernard not far from there. besutiful food and the kids will love it because there is the biggest st bernard that just cruises through the pub and restaurant. It has amazing views to the GC too.

Ahhh awesome. I just googled it and I'm assuming it is called the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk. Thanks for the tip, we love good pub food.

who doesn't lol... There is some really quaint shops up on the mountain to lots of art galleries etc.. but nothing opens until 10am.

Not really related to the topic but what is s&t ??

Scales & Tails Magazine. In the context of this thread it is their newly opened Reptile Outlet.

who doesn't lol... There is some really quaint shops up on the mountain to lots of art galleries etc.. but nothing opens until 10am.

How long will it take to get there from the GC ?

Almas alright..it's a small zoo, and they've had the same animals there Forever, so you go once and you won't need to go back. There's a whole heap of wild herps though, if you look hard enough...semi tame EWDs and lacies cruising around.

If you go alma park take mozzy spray! You will need it! There baboons, Roos, a kids petting area with a calf, chicks, goats, and stuff if I remember correctly. I have a 4 yr old and she likes it. But it not the best of zoo's for animals. Lots of garden tho. Underwater world is a spot to stop at my 4 yr old would live there if she could. An not to bad of price. Up that way there is a maze garden too, that my daughter loves running around in, good break in the drive for her. Oz zoo if a grate stop, I find it a Little expensive but if we were holidaying We'd go.
Have grate time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back