An unusual relocation!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Some texty eggs from a building site:)! Good on the contractors for the callout and the careful lifting of a few ton of rock without squashing any eggs.

Interesting to see who hatches out, all look pretty good at this stage:).

Anyone after some known locale (down to the nearest few MM) textilis hatchies?

Attachments

• texty eggs 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    texty eggs 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 210
Nice work mate! What are the laws down there on relocating eggs?

Good save. How do you know they're Pseudonaja textilis eggs?

Nice work mate! What are the laws down there on relocating eggs?

To be honest, I'm not sure (if there even are any), but better than a bulldozer I figured:).

- - - Updated - - -

Good save. How do you know they're Pseudonaja textilis eggs?

At a best guestimate. The only other eggs layers around are to small (YFW) for this sized egg or rare (Rosenbergs) and tend not to lay in shallow depressions under boulders. Texty's are abundant and lay reasonable sized eggs. Though it will be interesting to see what hatches..shouldn't count my chickens, hey:)!

good on ya for saving the eggy's cant wait to see what pops out lol

Nice save and good on the builders, you don't see that too often.

...At a best guestimate. The only other eggs layers around are to small (YFW) for this sized egg or rare (Rosenbergs) and tend not to lay in shallow depressions under boulders. Texty's are abundant and lay reasonable sized eggs. Though it will be interesting to see what hatches..shouldn't count my chickens, hey:)!
That's a fair deduction. Even though they say you shouldn't count your eggs before they hatch, how many eggs are there?

then what do ya do with them? do they have to be feeding to be let go or as soon as they hatch do you have to let them go?

If you need assistance, you could give them to that 4 year old who hatched out 7 EB's in his wardrobe with no heating etc lol....
cant wait to see what comes out, pics when it happens....

then what do ya do with them? do they have to be feeding to be let go or as soon as they hatch do you have to let them go?

I can put them on the books (SA only) or release. I'll see what hatches and how much time I have to spare with fussy feeders. Should be fun though:). Likely keep one and release the rest.

Good luck, raising Pseudonaja sucks

Which building site Richard, I've got a few on the go in the hills at the moment. Oh, another EB at the library again today, smaller one this time.

Which building site Richard, I've got a few on the go in the hills at the moment. Oh, another EB at the library again today, smaller one this time.

Cleggett Rd, Littlehampton....might have to name this clutch "The Cleggetts" :)! Did anyone attend the Library one Chris?

No they didn't, someone followed it up from the road, through the car park up to some bushes near the library building, must be a few around there.

Unfortunately, these all looked pretty horrible about a week later, so I opened the greenest, most collapsed one only to find a healthy looking blood supply and a momentarily alive neonate (no pics as I was expecting a mess). Anyway, I persevered with the rest and tried adding dilute F-10 (trialling the over water/ no medium method). Low and behold, many of the egg surfaces have cleared up, some completely.

I'll post another update if anything eventuates (should be sometime in mid- late February).

Attachments

• P.t eggs 033 [1600x1200].jpg
    P.t eggs 033 [1600x1200].jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back