Anacondas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bodge

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering if Anacondas are legal in australia. if so where do i get one? how much will i pay? and can they be tamed down like other snakes?

... no... only native snakes are allowed to be kept

my mate in the states has one... he reckons it was like a pet dog then one day just went feral.. he still has it and is working with it to calm it down... but a snake that size being full on agressive wouldnt be to fun

Totally illegal in Aus.
Snakes can't be tamed. They can be conditioned to get used to handling to an extent, but that is in no way a guarantee that they won't bite when threatened, hungry, shedding, digesting, etc etc

Totally illegal in Aus.
Snakes can't be tamed. They can be conditioned to get used to handling to an extent, but that is in no way a guarantee that they won't bite when threatened, hungry, shedding, digesting, etc etc
Very well explained

There is no garuntee that a dog wont bite either but wat i call tame is if i can pick it up and handle it without it trying to bite me all the time then its tame biting every now and then is understandable cause all animals including humans bite occasionally. so i still refer to a quite natured snake as tame

wise

Totally illegal in Aus.

truer words were never spoken.

I dont think Id want something that feisty and big, I probably wouldnt be able to sleep at night :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back