And so the Herping season begins!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Was perfect weather around Vic today, so decided to go out for a herp around the local rivers/parklands with a mate. And although only second day of spring, the changing seasons and some sunlight proved to bring out some nice reptiles :D

Attachments

• westerfolds park herping sep2 12 004.jpg
    westerfolds park herping sep2 12 004.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 111
  • westerfolds park herping sep2 12 012.jpg
    westerfolds park herping sep2 12 012.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 117
  • westerfolds park herping sep2 12 017.jpg
    westerfolds park herping sep2 12 017.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 139
  • westerfolds park herping sep2 12 013.jpg
    westerfolds park herping sep2 12 013.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 156
Nice man, love the tiger snake, I also recently went herping around my local river and found a couple of nice herps.

I've been trekking through the bush in Brisbane a lot lately and haven't been able to find anything. Any tips?

I've been trekking through the bush in Brisbane a lot lately and haven't been able to find anything. Any tips?

Pick a good day (preferably sunny with no wind and not too hot), then you could go search around parks and other habitats for diurnal reptiles like dragons and elapids. Also because you live in qld, herping on warm nights is a good idea. search country roads at dusk and night for snakes soaking up the heat. also search local buchland at night im sure you could find a carpet python, tree snake, keelback and plenty of frogs. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back