Angle head sex!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiieen

Reaction score
So my angle heads will be one year old exactly tomorrow and still a bit smallish.

They don't eat alot, I feed them seperately in click clack's cause they fought once and wanted to make sure how many each one get's. they get offered around 10 dusted crickets every 1-2 days. The male usually only eats around 3-4 were the female eats up around 7-8. There both similar size, the male stresses really easy.

Just a second ago the male was head bobbing, tail flicking and neck biting. The female is being fairly submissive.

What age will they reach sexual maturity? (It's 8 months I think, just wanna be certain)
Should I be worried about them hurting each other?

Thanks in advance!

neck biting, definitely sounds like mating. Dont be worried about them hurting each other, check regularly for eggs in the female or for digging signs.
If she is gravid then its best to separate them as he may try to root her over and over which will stress her out, but thats up to you.

I just checked for eggs none there, this is the first time I've caught them in the action, I usually hear them jumping around but when I look over they stop.

They've been kept together since I bought them as a pair which was february. I'll probably keep them together for a bit longer and monitor them for a few weeks while I save up for a new enclosure.

Thanks for the quick reply!

No worries, if its a big enough enclosure you can just put a tub inside the enclosure and put the male in there while she lays (if she becomes gravid which will probably happen) and then re-introduce for mating.
At this time time of year i wouldn't mate more than once as she still is young and its late in the season.

hy6u2e3y.jpg
y3a6eqy2.jpg
zuqy7uhe.jpg

Enclosure is just a standard exo terra, bottom enclosure is 4 foot to give you a bit of an idea. My finger from top to my knuckle is 9 cm exact to give you an idea on them.

I don't really want her to lay but as there together I guess it's abit impossible, I'll just have to see what happens.

They are a decent size! They probably wont get much bigger than that, another exo terra next to it will do.. to separate. Very cute!

They seem so small compared to others I've seen :s

I'll probably try find another exo terra and separate.

I really appreciate the quick replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back