Angle Headed Dragons Breeding Info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
3 day ago i caught my pair of nearly 12 month old angle heads "going at it." Since then they have been spotted mating 3 times (and have pesumably been "at it" whilst unobserved.)
Can anyone (pleeeeease Marc ;) ) give me any details on forest dragon breeding?
Will they breed at this time of year (they are in a heated room, approx 25C daytime)
How long is gestation?
Will they lay in a box of damp coir?
I know they need UV and calcium, mine also get vitamin supplements. anything else they will need?
Incubation is at about 22-25C?? The guy I got mine off just incubated in a foamy under his coffee table, no heating.
Cheers
Magpie

Yes they will mate at this time of year but you will not see any eggs untill the end of spring, forest dragon (spinipes) can store sperm over the winter months...mine are mating also at this time. Your breeding will be different to mine as you keep them inside I do not... gestation depends on the temperatures but the first clutch after winter it takes 4 weeks untill the second clutch laid (however if your room is about 25degrees then keep an eye open you may recieve eggs in 4 weeks), I surgest that you but a decent substrate down either peat mose, potting mixuter and have this about 4 inches deep...I have found that they dont like laying in a container but rather in the subsrate...hope that helps and good luck..marc

good luck with them magpie, that is the first angle headed dragon i have seen they look nice, what size do they get to?

Up to around 30-35cm that's tip to tail.
They are not that big.Beautiful little animals.
They can differ a little in colour depending on what region they come from.

are they good to handle or do they like to be left alone?

all herps are best left along, lessen the stress, and forest dragons can stress very easy....but in saying that freinds of mine have spinipes that are handled everyday with complications...as a rule I dont hand my herp on a regular bases..

planning on having 1.4 in there eventually, they are not very active dragons.

probably the least active species from the agamids, next to the Moloch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back