Anglehead mating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhomany

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My male anglehead is obviously ready to mate.
I noticed he seemed weird when I picked him up to put him and my female on their feeding rock. (Most of the time they're already sitting there waiting for their crickets.) When I tried to pick him up he puffed up at me and tried to take a bite out of my hand.
Neither of them ate their crickets and they seemed sulky so I've let them run around my room for a bit of a change of scenery.
That's when I noticed the male biting the female in what I took as an aggressive way. When she rejected him he moved in the opposite direction like a dog on heat.

So all you forest dragon breeders/owners, the question(s), what should I do?
Should I seperate them, will he make the female stressed? Or is this normal activity? I've heard they're able to breed effectively at 8 months. The female is 8 months and the male 9 months.
As much info as possible would be much appreciate but only information from people that actually know what they're talking about.
Kind regards!

Also when I say dog on heat, I mean full on rubbing the carpet. It's was actually pretty hilarious to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back