Angry Black Soil Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon- g

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My Bearded Dragon is about 7 Weeks old, I have 2 ,one is really cool:) the other one is hIssing at me evertime I am near and it also bites, it is always pretty mad:x . Any one know what may be wrong,?? Is this normal?? And can I do any thing to tame it:rolleyes:
Thanks
Brandon

hmm, do u hav them housed together, could be both are males and the one that is very aggressive is trying to be more dominent in the enclosure ... just a thought. usually most baby beardies are lovely. try seperating them and see if that helps.

Thanks for your answer, yes they are together in the same tank. I have only just started and only have one of everthing(heat mat, uv light etc)
Brandon

Thanks for your answer, yes they are together in the same tank. I have only just started and only have one of everthing(heat mat, uv light etc)
Brandon

is the beardy aggressive towards you, or towards the other beardy, or both.

Just toward Humans, seems to be ok with the other beardy, have not seen it hiss at the other one.
Thanks
Brandon

hmm, i thouhgt maybe u might off had two males and thats what made it more aggressive. not sure though. i have quite a few beardies. and none hav ever been aggressive, expect to each other which meant they are all bloody seperated. but, weird. hmm, hopefully someone on here can give u some more advice if they hav dealt with it before
mel :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

One of my black soil beardies became aggressive to me when I added one of those background sheets you can buy to the tank - his 'change of environment' seemed to upset him. He is still not happy to see me, but has calmed down.

If it is only 7 weeks old, I assume you have not had it in its current enclosure for very long, so just give it time to settle in. Don't try to grab it or pick it up - just rub it when you can when feeding or whatever.

As for 'biting' I didn't think a 7wk old black soil COULD bite. They are so tiny I dont' think it could open its mouth far enough!!! Just let him 'bite' as you would put it, I promise it won't hurt, and if he knows you don't react, it may help him in stopping too.

Good luck.

Thankyou, He has a big mouth and sure does have a go. But i am 10 and have little fingers too. I hope he does get better, I hope you are right
Brandon

hehe ye I had that with one of my beardies. Just give it some time and leave it alone- in terms of handling. They will soon get used to the fact that we are not big scary monsters that are trying to get them. My little one that hissed and launched at me every time I walked past settled right down.

I used to always laugh, it seemed like he was trying to show off- try and let me know how aggressive he was :) scary! ;) :D

Hey Brandon,

10? Wow, APS users are getting young! Welcome mate! :)

I see what you mean about little fingers then! I don't blame you for being wary, although mine are bigger (fingers and beardies), my agro one really does get savage. Its a bit off putting isn't it? But as I said, don't worry too much, I can't see him doing too much damage, and if he learns that you don't taste good and don't react, he'll stop soon enough.

dw mine is the same but i got central bearded dragons i have a feeling i got a female and ale (not sure) but mybig one (i think it is a male) wont bite me....... it only bites my dad when he goes topick it up me and my bro dont get bitn or evan histed ad.......... how often doyou hold them?

Funny he only bites your dad, you trained him well. I don't hold them too much they are still pretty small. Thanks

wellsince i got mine i have held them for 30 mins a day that way as they get older they are tame maybe you should start doin that
' i am only 3 yrs older than you as well

Im adamant with personality traits that it is just that. Not something I feel we can really control apart from consistent handling. A friend of mine who I got my beardie off has one that is quite fiery and yet mine is "putty in my hands". Hope it remains that way. Shown no signs of animosity or aggression whatsoever. Like snakes I think u have to be a tad lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back