Another Heatmat question...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with those 7w heatmats? Are they any good?
Any advice would be great.

i think mine was either 7 or 4 it didnt do the job tho it was good for night time warmth as it didnt get very hot. But i wouldnt use one for a a reptile that requires a high temp.

From what I've heard they can only raise the temp by about 12 degrees, so if it's really cold then you probably won't get a good temperature.

Yeh they aren't much good for Sydney winter. Will usually do the job in the warmer months however. I go for around 30 watts with a larger surface area so you can fit more then one click clack on it if need be. Hope this helps.

The microclimate 7W don't get very hot at all I have found but the 7W heatmats (can't remember the brand) I got from Slothhead (Wehaveitall) are great. They make a 30deg hot end no worries.

thanks guys (and girl)..I just wanted to see if anyone had any problems with them or anything. It's to be in a small fish tank (housing gecko's) and my room stays really warm (lucky me:D) and I've checked and doubled checked temps inside the tank and they're about 16* and on H.T. they were saying they add around 10* to the temp...but I'll see how it goes!
Anyone else who wants to contribute go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back