Another Newb :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormvermin

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just starting out. As yet don't have a snake yet and still trying to decide which species to get... I really like the look at the Jaguar Carpet pythons. But would love any sort of advice as what snake to get and any tips and tricks :)

Cheers

Derek

Here's a website that has a fair amount of info on Jags, they also sell them, but this page may be of particular interest for someone considering a jag: Australian Morelias
Basically any snake you want will be good for your first snake providing that you learn all you can about it and can provide the required space, heating, housing and food, etc.

Hi and Welcome!
How big do you want it to get 2 as some can get very big! Then once you worked that out Id talk to some breeders about what they have and how hard/eze they are to look after, what they think would be a good starter for you. The best advice I was given was work within your limits and find something you like and that you connect with. Me I fell in love with Broome Stimson as she will not get 2 big, they are good as a 1st time snake (not to hard to look after) and she is about 10mths old (So I got a full history of feeds and sheds and shes gone through her 1st winter)
What ever you decide to get make sure you read up as much as possible and ask as many questions as you need! Hope this helped a bit!!!!!! :D

Also check out vets in your area! Deb has a g8 rep and shes in Brisbane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back