Another Roadkill .. Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is the third Carpet I have seen in as many weeks. They have all been about the 4 foot mark. What a shame.....

It was on the road, but I removed to it a garden on the side...

It is a shame; thats for sure....
Unfortunatily they dont stand a chance....a matter of time,
for any living beside a road. I was heading down the coast the
other day; and seen a incrediable jungle that had been hit....
What really annoyed me was that it was well the otherside
of the outer white line.....felt for sure; someone had gone out of their way....
:evil: some sad people out there :roll:

Yeah this one was only squished about 20cm or so over the white line...So if the driver had of been watching or cared for snakes they most certainly could have avoided it.....

were exactly are you located surfcop im in logan and am glad to say i dont see many roadkill reptiles unless i go down mt cotton rd :(

indicus said:
It is a shame; thats for sure....
Unfortunatily they dont stand a chance....a matter of time,
for any living beside a road. I was heading down the coast the
other day; and seen a incrediable jungle that had been hit....
What really annoyed me was that it was well the otherside
of the outer white line.....felt for sure; someone had gone out of their way....
:evil: some sad people out there :roll:
Yeh indicus ive seen several diamonds runover usually 4 to 5 feet over the years mostly late april to may,one was as you describe it had nearly made it across.The snake was between the white sideline and the dirt but some emptyheaded loser had still managed to kill it intentionally. :evil:

Several years ago in October i came across a gravid diamond that had just been hit (blood still wet on a hot tarmac road). Her eggs were nearly fully developed and had spilled out from her burst corpse. Sad thing is, it happened on a very quite, rarely used bush road in an area where cars had to travel very slowly. Someone still managed to hit her though.

I don't think there is any doubt that there are lots of people out there that wouldn't even think twice about deliberately running a snake over, it's just a snake. The crazy thing is that these morons would probably swerve for a cat.

It is sad to see something like that i am glad i have not seen any yet this year .
Bloody cats I am getting a sticker for my 4x4 it says
"Lost your cat ?Check my Tyres " especially for the cat owners around my area ,I leave for work at 4 am and see at least 3 different cats roaming around my house at that time of the morning .

nathanbrisvegas said:
were exactly are you located surfcop im in logan and am glad to say i dont see many roadkill reptiles unless i go down mt cotton rd :(

Yeah, I agree, Mt Cotton Rd is a death trap for any wildlife that wander too close. We are forever stopping for possums and wallabies along there. We have also seen a Lacie that had been hit and bluies, beardies, carpets and other snakes. An echidna on the odd occaision. We have noticed that it is pretty dangerous along there when we stop aswell.

Went on a trip down to Byron Bay today, stopped to check out a roughie which was sad, bout the 3ft mark and we also saw a carpet about the same size which also met the same fate :( We did however see heaps of turts, water dragons and a beardie... and a whale!!!

I hope the whale wasn't road kill, would have made a mess of the car. ;-) :D

Roadkill sux,here's a nice light Proserpine 2 minutes from home and this was well within the outerside of the sideline definitely squished on purpose but still didn't stand much chance as it was the main road"very busy" lots of carpets out on the move of late.

2005_0910jungetcs0109.jpg

*quote *Yeah, I agree, Mt Cotton Rd is a death trap for any wildlife that wander too close. We are forever stopping for possums and wallabies along there. We have also seen a Lacie that had been hit and bluies, beardies, carpets and other snakes. An echidna on the odd occaision. We have noticed that it is pretty dangerous along there*quote *

imo only goos thing about mt cotton road is when the roadkil is way over on the side and you see a lacies half insaid a wallaby eating its insides :twisted:

Nathan...How much do you get out..:p I saw a Large carpet on Wembly Road just last Saturday. ( I mentioned that one in another post, tiger snake roadkill). I live at Ormeau though, and the two other ones I saw were on the way into Beenleigh. Its funny that you say Mt Cotton road is bad for Roadkill. I have seen plenty of Wallabies, Hare's, Possum's and Koala's but as of yet no snakes or big lizards. Though I hope I don't see any. One thing I wish they would do on Mt Cotton Road is widen it. I travel to and from work on it every day and it gets damn congested during Peak times... Bumper to Bumper.... Might give that extra room to swerve around animals too.

i do get out just not often .lol juts kidding na i just dont really see much out and about coz i dont really go to places were there would be except mt cotton road when i go out to my dads house :roll:

Well, a couple of days ago, my brother called me to say there had been a tiger snake at his work today (geelong, melb). It moved out into the gutter (on the road) and decided to bask. Could have easily been road kill or smacked with a lump of wood (he is a cabinet maker) but instead they called a snake catcher who came and re-located it. At least one was saved this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back