Another texty.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Apologies Baz, couldn't bump the relocation thread.

This one had spots:)!

Attachments

• 20130106_162129.jpg
    20130106_162129.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another. I cut this big, boxhead from some of that nasty nylon bird netting late last night. Still not a happy lad this morning. Only 1.4M, but 1.9kg!

Attachments

• Big Text 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big Text 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Big Text 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big Text 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Big Text 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big Text 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    55 KB · Views: 96
Wow what a stunning snake, I cannot wait until I do a few venomous courses and learn more about them, I would love to "rescue" and relocate, especially such a nice looking snake as the two above :)

You should get a nice bit of variety around Port Stephens (there's a Ven course every November in your neck of the woods)...texty's get a bit Ho Hum when that's all you find, but I'm not complaining:)! It's always a thrill to find animals like this one with a bit of size and age (obviously some good survival genes there to be passed on).

all i ever find is EB's had a call yesterday morning to a little one that wasnt even a meter long but still had an attitude. when i released him it was fairly warm and he turned back and decided to pay me a visit before he left and he slid through my legs, when i looked behind me expecting to see him sliding off onto the bushland he hadnt continued on and had decided to try take refuge in my jeans. he must have hit my shaddow and thought this is a good place and was trying to find a way inside my jeans leg. glad i had the right footware on and not runners.

When I did my Venomous snake handling course I was extremely suprised how quickly the little buggers moved. We used a devil of a tiger snake and eastern brown. They deserve far more credit then they often get!

Wow what a stunning snake, I cannot wait until I do a few venomous courses and learn more about them, I would love to "rescue" and relocate, especially such a nice looking snake as the two above :)

I agree, they move extremely fast, I have only ever come across RBB's and a Whip Snake and wow, they move extremely fast.

Wait till you come across an eastern brown or tiger....i seriously needed to change my jocks are coming into contact with them hahaha. They go their own way then have a meter jump at your to keep you on your toes....not nice when you are not expecting it :p

I agree, they move extremely fast, I have only ever come across RBB's and a Whip Snake and wow, they move extremely fast.

Wait till you come across an eastern brown or tiger....i seriously needed to change my jocks are coming into contact with them hahaha. They go their own way then have a meter jump at your to keep you on your toes....not nice when you are not expecting it :p

Ha ha, yeah heard they can move super quick, I just meant compared to my pythons :p
I love Tiger's, they are my favourite Elapid apart from the RBB of course. I also love Texty's, they are really nice looking snakes and have seen one with it's head sticking out, unfortunately it killed a cow but things happen hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back