Another UV Q!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastie

Reaction score
hey everyone

well Im getting closer to getting my bearded dragons but still in the process of building there enclosure. i've been thinking about other UV options. my original plan was to have a 1200mm fluro UV globe that ran the hole distance along the tank with a separate basking light. But now Im wondering since they will spend most of the time during the day basking should i instead use a mercury vapour lamp with UV included in a basking light?

could use the help haha it's annoying when theres a few options available and your unsure which to choose!

This can work and is certainly what some people will use for their beardies. However you will need to be able to ensure that the beardies don't come within about 30 to 45cm of the globe surface for MV (some people say closer, some say further). I also believe that most people that use them will only use them for a few hours a day rather than the entire day, so you may need another basking globe.

Another option to consider is a compact fluro however there are limitations with these as well.

thanks chimera, um why do some only use it for a few hours? and not the entire day?

ok well theres a few options i see i can use, im just not sure which one is sufficient enough firstly the enclosure size is 1300mm long 500mm high and 600mm deep. To house Western Breaded Dragons

i can use a 48 inch 5.00 UVB tube fluro and basking globe
a mercury vapour lamp
a basking globe and a 10.0 UV compact
or a smaller sized fluro tube maybe that could just sit more over the basking side as they will spend most of there time basking during the day yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back